Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cross post from AVS: Converting 4K show to DVD is not wrking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Cross post from AVS: Converting 4K show to DVD is not wrking Reply with quote

This is a cross post from avs forum, so the first paragraph is not relevant but please offer any help you might have.

Thanks!

Yes, I have searched the forums a million times and cannot figure out. The forums are crazy to try and find answers since they are archived in two different locations. There must be a better way to get the info out. Trust me, if you try and find something from the last two years, you will pull your hair out. Or light your computer on fire and cuss the archiving system

Anyway. I used to use revue combined with rtvtools to cut and edit my files for the 4K series and had no problems.

Some where along the way, it doesn't work for me anymore because now it seems to cut the end off of any programs that I try to edit. For example I use it to edit a 1 hour file and take out commercials and then use the resulting mpg to burn to disc.

This used to work flawlessly. Now for some reason, it stops the clned mpg and cuts off the last few minutes, usually at the same place.

I am using the most recent version of rtvtools, could that be the problem? I remember upgrading this awhile ago and guess now I am having the problem

I am running xp home and net is all updated. I run wirns and ivsm and all that good stuff.

Please don't flame about searching, trust me, you might just push me over the edge. This used to be simple to find something in the forums but now it is impossible.

Anyway, is there a better solution out there for 4K users. I have also tried evtedit version.27 but that only will recognize 5K streams or running rtvedit on it (4K) it has just one line and screws up whenever I try to edit it.

Also, please don't just tell me about womble. I know how great and all it is but it is not an option. My main problem is trying to figure out why what used to work no longer does.

Please help!
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTVTools are not perfect by any means, and they tend to fail every once in a while on certain MPEGs. If they do, your only other choice is *gulp* Womble (or VideoRedo).

I know you don't want to hear it, but Womble *is* great and delivers for me every time. Best $35 I've ever spent IMHO.

- Bob
L8er's ReplayTV Upgrade
Rao74311
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Cross post from AVS: Converting 4K show to DVD is not wr Reply with quote

sanjonny wrote:
I am using the most recent version of rtvtools, could that be the problem? I remember upgrading this awhile ago and guess now I am having the problem

Well have you tried reverting back to what you were using previously to see if that fixes the problem?

sanjonny wrote:
Also, please don't just tell me about womble. I know how great and all it is but it is not an option.

Please help!

Not to annoy you but I'll have to second the Womble opinion. I don't see how it is not an option for you unless your hinting that you can't or won't pay for it. It's extremely easy to use and very reliable.
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rao74311 wrote:
sanjonny wrote:

Well have you tried reverting back to what you were using previously to see if that fixes the problem?

I wish I could, I no longer have the older version of rtvtools, being the idiot that I am, I deleted them after upgrading.

I MIGHT look at womble, but I have only seen it priced at 100+ bucks in the past and that is silly since I don't burn these to dvds very often.

Last night I goofed around with mpeg_streamclip and it seems to work, but I don't know about quality issues until I play with it a little more.

Have to say, it was very easy to work with but didn't transfer the ndx info,so I had to do that part manually.

Will update if that works okay and it is free!
Rao74311
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanjonny wrote:
I MIGHT look at womble, but I have only seen it priced at 100+ bucks in the past and that is silly since I don't burn these to dvds very often.

All you need is MPEG-VCR, that's the one that's $35. MPEG Video Wizard DVD is $99 and includes advanced editing features as well as DVD authoring.

sanjonny wrote:
Last night I goofed around with mpeg_streamclip and it seems to work, but I don't know about quality issues until I play with it a little more.

Have to say, it was very easy to work with but didn't transfer the ndx info, so I had to do that part manually.

Will update if that works okay and it is free!

Well if it works for you and it's free then go for it.
bhorrell
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having problems with my 4500 files, since it looks like most tools are made for the 5000 series.

If I was to purchase wombles MPEG2VCR how would I use it.

Thanks,
Ben
Rao74311
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhorrell wrote:
I too am having problems with my 4500 files, since it looks like most tools are made for the 5000 series.

If I was to purchase wombles MPEG2VCR how would I use it.

Thanks,
Ben

If I'm not mistaken you can download a 30-day trial which would give you plenty of time to check it out. As for editing out commercials it's simple. Load the mpeg and watch the preview as you move the slider to locate commercials. Mark the beginning[Mark In] and end[Mark Out] of a commerical segment and then click the cut button to delete the segment. Repeat for each commercial and when your done you just save the file. That's not the only way to do it but thats how I do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> reVue All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: