Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poopli + IVSMagic integration: Beta testers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also seen that same code in the show listings with Law & Order, presumably because the ampersand is also used as a separator in an HTTP request, and the show title breaks that. No big deal, but I thought it might be good to know.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mshell
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone is monitoring this forum anymore...but here goes.

I just reinstalled FF due to it crashing constantly...let that be a lesson to those who use many many extensions...and didn't save the greasemonkey scripts before uninstalling.

I've tried to install from the download page at sourceforge but I never get the "direct link" option and greasemonkey seems to think the php code from the download page is the user script. I dug around in the repository and came up with the most recent build of the script. This installed fine.

But it isn't working. I cannot get it to connect to my copy of IVSM. The spinner just keeps spinning. And when I attempt to send a file by clicking on the Show Requests links the pop-up is done as soon as it opens.

Could someone provide a suggestion to a solution?

Thanks!
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this sat for so long. In the past I've seen behavior like this if the IVSMagic URL is not correct. To troubleshoot:

- Click the "IVSMagic" logo that appears on the poopli page, next to "IVS Transfers". If that doesn't take you to your IVSMagic page, then fix it - click the wrenches and put in the URL that you get when you go to your IVSMagic page.

- If that does take you to IVSMagic, then I suspect you have an incompatible version of IVSM or the script - make sure you have the latest of both (get IVSM 1.0.0.0 and then try the latest script.)

- To get the latest script, yeah, the sourceforge download used to be screwy. I just tried it with Greasemonkey 0.8.20090920.2 and the download worked without having to click the direct link. Maybe back in June it was still broken.
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mshell wrote:
I don't know if anyone is monitoring this forum anymore...but here goes.

I cannot get it to connect to my copy of IVSM. The spinner just keeps spinning. And when I attempt to send a file by clicking on the Show Requests links the pop-up is done as soon as it opens.

Could someone provide a suggestion to a solution?

I realize this is about a year late, but I just had/solved a similar problem. I installed the greasemonkey script on a new laptop and it wouldn't connect to my copy of IVSM that has been dutifully running for years on a machine in the basement. After installing and uninstalling the script several times and verifying all the settings and addresses several times it still would not work. The little spinner would just keep spinning.

Finally I removed the script and then typed "about:config" into the FF url address bar, did a search for "poopli" which brought up all the stored settings that the greasemonkey script had written. I right clicked on each one one-by-one and selected "Reset" until they were all cleared. Then I closed Firefox and restarted it. Then I reinstalled the greasmonkey script and navigated to poopli.com. It then asked me for the ip of the IVSM install and started working normally. I really don't understand why this worked or what went wrong with the initial install, but I'm glad it did.

On a side note just in case anyone is still maintaining this script is there any progress on incorporating status/progress of downloads as there are for the send and receive monitoring? This is the primary way that I receive my transfers and it would really be a great addition to the scripts functionality.

-malsbury
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done any work on this in about two years, and I'm not likely to be able to do any work on it in the foreseeable future either. I got to be busy enough that I barely have time to watch tv, let alone hack on software like this.

I'm a bit sad about that, but I suspect by the time my life changes to the point where I'd be willing to work on this, no replayTVs will remain in service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: