Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poopli + IVSMagic integration: Beta testers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I did a little research to make sure that I was clearing out the correct TIMESTAMPS and found this:

douglips wrote:
The only thing I can think of is that there is still some time condition that cuts off the wait, like you click a link just before it's ready.

This bug should be fixed when we migrate to a firefox extension (work underway now) but for now, try this slight extra detail to the fix:
- bring up Poopli main page in one tab
- Bring up about:config in another tab, filter to poopli
- zero out the "REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP" in the config tab
- reload the Poopli tab
- go back to config tab and wait until the REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP is updated, then wait 30 more seconds
- zero out the "CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP" in the config tab
- reload the poopli tab
- go back to the config tab and wait until the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP is updated, then wait 30 more seconds
- go back to poopli tab and then click the request link you want to reply to.

If THAT doesn't fix it, then I don't know what will. What we're doing here is trying this:
- Updating the replay list and channel guide separately
- only accessing a single Poopli page at each step of the way until we are done - don't click any links on Poopli until the very last step, and make sure you go through the Poopli login screen and get to the main requests page before you start the process.

Following it exactly, within a few seconds of reseting the REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP it updates to a value like 1156XXXXXX. However, I never see the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP value update after I re-zero it. As long as I wait, it is always "0". Does this ring a bell for any other users that have seen the development of the Greasemonkey script?

douglips wrote:
In the mean time, I'll keep working on the firefox extension...

How's that coming along....

--Tom Malsbury
MaxH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually delete the two values in question, then go reload a page running the script (Poopli), and THEN I wait until the internet activity dies down, usually about 15-30 seconds.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho hum, I have said this to myself before "this is going to be the last time", but I decided to dive in and fix it again. I just have this thing about JavaScript code, it gives me indigestion.

Anyway...

1) Update IVSmagic to build 0.9.8.3 (via the Updater)
2) Uninstall the old script
3) Zero out those 2 timestamps (that's all you really need to do)
4) Install the latest script from here: http://www.replaytvupgrade.com/ivsmagicbeta/download/poopliivsmagic.0.9h-0.9.8.3.user.zip
5) HAVE FUN!

- Bob
L8er's ReplayTV Upgrade
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxH wrote:
I usually delete the two values in question, then go reload a page running the script (Poopli), and THEN I wait until the internet activity dies down, usually about 15-30 seconds.

Well I tried this and I was able to delete the value for REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP because it is a string, but I was not able to delete the value for CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP since it is defined as an interger. I looked into the script and it seems that the script expects the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP to be a string like the REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP and even makes reference to a workaround that needed to be used because the value is a string:
Code:
   // Check timestamp for channel list, and if it is older than 1 day, refresh.
   var cacheTime = _getValue(this._CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP, 0);
   // handle someone "reset"ing that value in "about:config" (is stored as a string type for some reason)
   if ("" == cacheTime) cacheTime = 0;

Can someone with a working version of this check to see if both of their TIMESTAMP values are string types. I can't see how this would have gotten changed on my system since I just do a simple install from the script and it was working right up until the point that it stopped....

For the record I upgraded to the 0.9.8.3 versions that Bob just posted and see the same problem. I know that the fixes he put in were most likely for unrelated problems, but I was hoping that maybe my problem was related to one on the fixed.

Any pointers would be great. I've been using IVSmagic and the poopli script since I set up my account on Poopli a month an a half ago. I've never known anything else.... I miss it

--Tom Malsbury
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a string by default. The way the code works, it doesn't matter if it's stored as an integer or a string, so that's not it. When you reset the timestamps, you can put a 0 or nothing there, both will work.

If you would like to recreate all the preferences (variables) from scratch, just click the "Also uninstall associated preferences", when you uninstall the script. Make sure you also have the latest version of Firefox and Greasemonkey. Uninstalling then re-installing Greasemonkey may also do the same thing (never tried it that way).

You will also need to setup the remote computer you are accessing IVSmagic via the web browser by as a trusted IP in the IVSm.ini file or IVSmagic won't allow it access.

- Bob
L8er's ReplayTV Upgrade
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairston wrote:
It's a string by default. The way the code works, it doesn't matter if it's stored as an integer or a string, so that's not it. When you reset the timestamps, you can put a 0 or nothing there, both will work.

I see, I've tried both and in either case the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP never updates from the "0" value.

Hairston wrote:
If you would like to recreate all the preferences (variables) from scratch, just click the "Also uninstall associated preferences", when you uninstall the script.

This is how I always remove the script before a re-install. The REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP is always created as a string and the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP is always created as an interger. But as you stated this is not the base of the problem, just an observation.

Hairston wrote:
You will also need to setup the remote computer you are accessing IVSmagic via the web browser by as a trusted IP in the IVSm.ini file or IVSmagic won't allow it access.

Well, it had been working for a month before the sudden failure to update the program data last week and I had never removed the comment mark from the trusted IP section of the IVSm.ini before. Just to be certain, I removed the comment and added 192.168.0. to the list and restarted IVSmagic with no change in the problem. I then explicitly trusted only 192.168.0.50 (my laptop) and restarted with no change. I went back to trusting the entire LAN 192.168.0. and restarted IVSmagic once again.

For a new point of reference I "borrowed" my wife's mac when she went to bed and installed a Greasemonkey 0.6.5 and the new 0.9.8.3 of the script (this is the first time Greasemonkey or the script has been on this computer). After a few seconds the REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP value updates, but the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP stay at 0 just like my XP laptop. I see the same thing when I navigate to the poopli request page. If I select a request the box pops up with an empty [select a show] drop-down.

At this point it just seems like a problem with the machine running IVSmagic and its interaction with my LAN. I can bring up the IVSmagic web interface from any of the machines in question by entering http://192.1268.0.95:8080 and the script functions in that it retrieves the "sends" and "recieves" that are in progress and displays the transfer staus bars and related user information.

I think it it time for me to sleep on it for the night....

Is there a place that I can look for the DEBUG output from the script when I increase the debug level? I just want to see if that gives any clue as to were the failure is taking place on my LAN.

Thanks for all the info.

--Tom Malsbury
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, weird...

You pretty much covered all the bases (that I know of), I'm not sure what else to suggest.

You can use the Java Console in Firefox and turn on "all" errors as well as go to the other error level buttons and check out what's listed there.

I'm probably not the one to ask for advice on this as I am no expert.

- Bob
L8er's ReplayTV Upgrade
StanLee
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairston wrote:
Yeah, I saw it.

There are a lot of things that need fixing and honestly it really needs to be re-done from the ground up to exclusively use the XML bridges and not parse the raw HTML.

These hacks I'm putting aren't technically fixing the problems, they are just band-aids.

If anybody wants to jump in and help with the hacks, please be my guest. If not, I think we are gonna have to wait for the new finished version.

- Bob

Bob,

Doug, Doug, and I have been chatting about who has the cycles to work on this and it looks like I'll be the lucky dog.
I'll be sending you an email in the next couple of days, but it looks as if what the team has come up with will involve some new (streamlined) XML bridges. JavaScript just isn't very efficient when parsing XML, so the hope is that we'll not only eliminate the need for these bandaids, but also make the code more efficient for the functions it's trying to perform.
Talk to you soon!
Stan
StanLee
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malsbury wrote:
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have any suggestions? On a related note, I tried to increase the debug level of the script to see if and where it was running into a problem, but I can't figure out where the PoopMagic script writes it logfile. Any pointers on that location would also be helpful.

--Tom Malsbury

Tom,

The "log" is displayed in the JavaScript Console which can be found under the Tools menu in Firefox.

-Stan
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StanLee wrote:
The "log" is displayed in the JavaScript Console which can be found under the Tools menu in Firefox.

Thanks that was just the pointer I needed. It looks like the script is getting the info for the channel list. I can see the XML it grabs from IVSmagic that has all the program titles in it from my Replay and LocalGuide. I didn't want to post the entire contents of the JavaScript Console in this thread, so if any interested parties would like to take a look at it I posted it here:

http://www.malsbury.net/uploads/poopliivsmagic_debug_log.txt

Just click on the link and it should show the contents in your browser.

This is the output in the JavaScript Console after loading the main Poopli request after resetting the TIMESTAMP values and then ends with me selecting a request link for a show in my LocalGuide but getting only [select a show] in the drop-down of availble show channels to send from.

This was generated at DEBUG level 0, if more details would be of use I can increase the level and repost the output. I am using Firefox 1.5.0.6, Greasemonkey 0.6.5.20060727, poopliivsmagic.0.9h-0.9.8.3 and IVSmagic 0.9.8.3. However, I was seeing this with 0.9.7.8 and the matching version of poopliivsmagic with Greasemonkey 0.6.4.something.

--Tom Malsbury
drWaLLs
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird problem - when i click the magnifying glass in the account details by any of my 3 replays i get a red x but when i type in my ivs numbers into lunatic haven they all come back ok, it wouldnt really bother me but i am having trouble receiving a show and am wondering if this might effect it at all
na9d

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you having problem with my send of Alias?

I see it going right now. I did have a problem with WiRNS earlier in the day that kinda frack'd things up, but what's odd about your send is that the outbound data rate is swinging between 200 k and 600 k in a sawtooth fashion. See my graphs:

http://66.92.130.13:8083/sensor.htm?id={F2F4579A-93AC-4F6F-B07B-DE02A48360A2}

Oh crud, I hope that works with the curly braces in there...

Anyhow, it is transferring now...I'm not going to mess with the system...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
drWaLLs
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the shows, i never can tell who sends them based on the replay names..

the rate was probably because i was downloading something until just now..
(the graph seems to show the difference now)

im still getting the red x on all 3 replays but atleast my ivs is working
MaxH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet it has something to do with loopback. I see the same thing. I think you can add your LAN IP to the IVSProvider.conf file or something...I gave up on that once IVSmagic made it easy to do loopback sends. But I think what you're seeing is normal.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drWaLLs wrote:
weird problem - when i click the magnifying glass in the account details by any of my 3 replays i get a red x but when i type in my ivs numbers into lunatic haven they all come back ok, it wouldnt really bother me but i am having trouble receiving a show and am wondering if this might effect it at all

If you don't have IVSm running on it's own IP address, try that. I've seen random conflicts with some routers that make the Win32 version of Apache go into a tissy fit. Dunno why, but running it on it's own IP address seems to cure all the problems.

- Bob
L8er's ReplayTV Upgrade
ObiJohn
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ObiJohn wrote:
For those of you wanting to upgrade to Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 and then find that Greasemonkey is not compatible -- it is. The fix can be made in the Greasemonkey "install.rdf" configuration file. This is located in your Profile directory. I'll paste my directory here and you can see where yours is probably located on your machine:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\CaptnJamesKirk\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\s8okl4n3.default\extensions\{e4a8a97b-f2ed-451b-b13d-ee082ba25781}

In that directory there is a file named "install.rdf" (again, your directory structure will probably be slightly different -- if you've got several extensions you may have several of those strange directory names, just look at the "install.rdf" files in them until you find the one with Greasemonkey-related stuff) . Locate the line close to the end of the file which says:
Code:
em:maxVersion="1.5.0.*"

and change it to
Code:
em:maxVersion="2.0b1"

Voila! Greasemonkey will now work with Firefox 2.0 Beta 1! You need to have Firefox closed when editing the file, and you may need to have it scan for updates. Mine seemed to pick it up automatically.

I don't know how well all Greasemonkey scripts work with the new Beta, but PoopMagic seems to work fine.

Firefox 2.0 is now at Beta 2 and so the above no longer works as it was specific for Beta 1 (my bad!). Simply change "maxVersion=2.0b1" to "maxVersion=2.*" and Greasemonkey should now work with the current Beta 2 (and future) releases.
drWaLLs
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case you were wondering the new build 0.9.8.4 works fine with the poopli integration with no adjustments..
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else having problems with the PoopMagic Script and IVSm v0.9.8.6? I noticed this morning that the script was not listing some of my more recent recordings and I did the about:config timestamp clearing trick. Now I cannot get the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP to be anything but 0. Have tried clearing them many times. Have tried clearing them individually, no luck.
drWaLLs
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not on my end, its listing a show i recorded just an hour ago..
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: At least I wasn't imagining it...... Reply with quote

corgi1 wrote:
I did the about:config timestamp clearing trick. Now I cannot get the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP to be anything but 0. Have tried clearing them many times. Have tried clearing them individually, no luck.

If you look back to my posts starting August 20th towards the bottom of page 6 of this thread you will see that I was having this exact same problem when I upgraded to 0.9.2 or 3. Over the next few days/post you can see everything that I tried to solve it. It was at the point that I finally just gave up. Then one day out of the blue it just started working again....

I have no idea what it could have been other then a network issue, since nothing changed on either system from the point that I gave up and the point at which it started working. On the other hand, I have trouble believing that it was a network issue since it is able to update the REPLAY_LIST_TIMESTAMP value from IVSmagic.

I hope you have a clearer/quicker resolution of this then I did. Everyone here was very helpful and supportive, but since no one could replicate the problem it was never offically resolved.

--Tom Malsbury
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working again.

I fiddled with trying to get the CHANNEL_LIST_TIMESTAMP to update just about all day Saturday. The REPLAY_GUIDE_TIMESTAMP would update each time but not the channel list. Finally just before going to bed, I zero'd out both values and refreshed the Poopli page and waited for a few minutes. The Channel_list value stayed at zero. I then copied the value of the newly updated Replay_Guide_Timestamp and pasted it into the Channel_List_Timestamp. Bingo, my shows were back in the script lists.

This morning it appears to have continued to work and the Channel_List_Timestamp now has a different value than last night.
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add that this is not the first time I have encountered this issue with the Channel_List_Timestamp not updating. I have seen it do this at least two other times. When it happenned before I came here and did read Tom's posts and saw that a solution was not found. But then, like Tom mentioned, it started working again the next day and I never posted anything here.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to apologize to everyone for the delays in making any progress here. We've sort of had the perfect storm - the script got so big so quickly that it's become challenging to modify it, and the effort to simplify it (i.e. make a Firefox extension) is interlocked with the XML conversion, to the point where there isn't a clear path to follow to get us back on track.

I'm still committed to getting this to work, I'm just not sure when it might be completed.

In the meantime, I've upgraded IVSmagic so that my personal copy of PoopMagic is broken. The theory is that if I'm annoyed enough it will motivate me to get this thing fixed.

Thanks to all of you for sticking with it, and to Bob for issuing patches to keep it working. Someday we'll repay you with an updated version, I promise.
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some further info: tried to fill a request this evening for a show that I recorded last night. The script did not have shows recorded aproximately 24 hours ago but does have older shows. It appears that it is not updating or is not updating frequently enough.

Doug, I appreciate all the work that has been done on the script and it has made the last several months I have used it to send shows so much easier! I look forward to the extension whenever you get it done.

Edit: Just did the about:config timestamp clearing and both of the values updated on the first try.

Thanks,
Jerry
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the newly released Firefox v2 with the PoopMagic script and GreaseMonkey? Does it work? I know someone posted directions a while back about getting it to work with the beta, just wondering if the same is needed for the released version 2?
choliscott
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to install the latest version of poopmagic, but other wise all is good w/ Firefox 2

corgi1 wrote:
Has anyone tried the newly released Firefox v2 with the PoopMagic script and GreaseMonkey? Does it work? I know someone posted directions a while back about getting it to work with the beta, just wondering if the same is needed for the released version 2?
JRWilliams308
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another thread open (http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13428) dealing with some issues I'm having performing IVS lookups of my virtual and actual Replays from within IVSMagic. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with why I can't send any shows with this script entirely. I get the following screen with the status icon under the Show name just spinning

What do I need to do to get the "Respond to show request" window to display all the greasemonkey script functionality?

00004-54831-48961

00004-54831-47150

RTV5040
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a very large number of replays it might just take a long time to find out information about your shows.

What it's doing when that wheel is spinning is looking up any replayTVs that have Heroes on it and asking what episodes are available. If those pages on IVSmagic are slow for you over whatever connection you're using and you have lots of replays, this could be a slow process.

Other than that, I'd check the JavaScript console (Tools menu) to see if there are error messages we can try to decipher. To help with this, you can turn down your debug level:

- Go to about:config
- type "DEBUG_LEVEL" in the "Filter" area.
- If there is more than one thing left, look for Poopli IVSMagic.DEBUG_LEVEL
- set it to -2 (negative 2) by double-clicking that line and a dialog will pop up for you to type "-2" into.

THen when you revisit that page on Poopli it should give more output to the JavaScript console.
JRWilliams308
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks did as you suggested and got results, but it's a looooong log. I don't wanna hijack this thread. Can I PM you with em?

00004-54831-48961

00004-54831-47150

RTV5040
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can PM me, no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: