Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poopli + IVSMagic integration: Beta testers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Poopli + IVSMagic integration: Beta testers? Reply with quote

I've put together a Greasemonkey script to integrate IVSMagic into Poopli. for now, I'm limited in the things I can do without additional XML interfaces in IVSMagic, but there are still some things I have on my roadmap.

For right now, the script will display your IVS send progress on the Poopli main page, as well as on the show transfers page. Here is what it looks like when I choose to show all transfers:

In the case where you have a partial transfer that is frozen, it appears like it does above for Battlestar Galactica. The width of the bar indicates the size of the show in megabytes, so smaller shows have smaller bars - because 10% of a sitcom is not the same as 10% of a two-hour movie.

When you have a transfer that is still sending, it appears like this:

By default it hides all the complete shows, and just shows the ones that haven't finished - so you know how busy your internet pipe is and whether you can send another show or not.

Features to be added:
-Show receives with progress bars that go the other way
-Add a link to My Poopli
-On My Poopli, tie the IVSMagic info into the Poopli info, so you see things like "0% (47.3%)" and a progress bar.
-When you update the progress of a receive, automatically fill in the data from IVSMagic
- Subscriptions - I'm always forgetting to request shows that conflict with mine, so I want to tie this in with www.epguides.com to remind me to request shows as they air.

Features to be added that may need additional info from IVSMagic:
- Delete transfers from IVSMagic (a little X icon next to the transfer) I think that the current XML needs to add the "progress ID" for me to do this.
- Deny transfers via IVSMagic (a little circle/slash DENIED icon next to the receiver)
- When you click send on Poopli, automatically send on IVSMagic first
- Automate the update of receive progress
- Add links to all ISNs to test using the IVSMagic IVS tester

There's a few more that I'm not remembering for now, but we'll get there.

If anyone wants to play with this, you need to have:
Firefox 1.5 (http://www.getfirefox.com/)
Greasemonkey 0.6.4 (http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/)
Then, go here and Greasemonkey should give you a button to install the script:
http://www.douglips.com/foo/poopli/poopliivsmagic.user.js

Then, you'll need to edit the script (right-click the Greasemonkey, pick "Manage user scripts", then select "Poopli IVSMagic" and click "Edit".) The main thing you need to change is this line near the top:
Code:

// URL for IVSMagic.  For example: http://192.168.0.49:8080/
// DO NOT FORGET THE LAST /
IVSMAGIC_URL = "http://192.168.0.49:8080/";

That last IVSMAGIC_URL needs to point to the place you go to see IVSMagic's main web page. It will work through a firewall if you have port forwarding set up and you put in a public IP address here.

That's it! When you go to Poopli, the IVSMagic stuff should show up. If it doesn't, look in the Java Console and let me know if you see any errors.

If you have a password on IVSMagic, you'll be asked for it automatically on Poopli. If this makes you nervous, the password is being gotten by Firefox, and not by my script. It happens automatically in the XmlHttpRequest.

Anyway, I hope somebody finds this useful, and I'm looking forward to improving it as more XML is available from IVSMagic.

I am going to be releasing this as GPL code, so feel free to play with it. If you are going to use this code in your own project, then you'll need to be using the GPL as well - otherwise if you want to look at this code to see how to do a Greasemonkey script in general, feel free. It could still use some cleaning up, but I did try to organize it as best I could.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this will eventually be a Firefox extension for maximal usability. Greasemonkey is just a convenient test platform for right now...
codemantx
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this doesn't seem to be working for me.

i'm using firefox 1.5.0.1, installed Greasemonkey 0.6.4, installed the poopliivsmagic.user.js script, edited the script to change the IVSMAGIC_URL to reflect my public IP at home and port that i access IVSmagic through. i know i have a good connection to IVSmagic because Poopstat is working fine.

but when i go to the Poopli website, nothing is different than before.

is there something i missed? should this just show up automatically or is there something else i need to "activate" or click to make it display?
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shoot - it oughta just work.

Can you go to the Tools->JavaScript console in Firefox and see ifyou get any errors? There's probably lots of crap in that window from other websites, here's how you can narrow it down:
- Go to poopli, get the page that should have the extra stuff on it (Show Request page.)
- GO to the javascript console, click "clear"
- Hit "reload" on the poopli web page

Now, the javascript console should get all kinds of stuff in it. If you see any errors, let me know. Otherwise I can put in some additional debugging messages and we can try again.

Even if you have the wrong URL for IVS magic, you should get a red bar that says "IVS Transfers" and has a little spinning icon in it indicating it's trying to do something. If you don't even get that, then the script might not be running at all - if you don't see stuff like this in the Javascript console, then Greasemonkey isn't running the script:
Code:

http://www.douglips.com/userscripts/Poopli IVSMagic: Trying to init...
http://www.douglips.com/userscripts/Poopli IVSMagic: Creating progress bar builder...
etc. etc.

If you don't see this, then try to check Greasemonkey - right click the little monkey face at the bottom of Firefox, and ensure that "Enabled" and "Poopli IVSMagic" are both checked.

Thanks for trying...
codemantx
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Error: Config is not defined
Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/cody/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/zikgg3ew.default/extensions/%7Be4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781%7D/components/greasemonkey.js
Line: 117

and this is apparently line 117:
Code:
    var config = new Config(getScriptFile("config.xml"));

douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - this means Greasemonkey is not working for you at all, it's not my script.

I found some info on this by googling:

http://www.google.com/search?q=greasemonkey+config.xml&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

As near as I can figure, the greasemonkey install didn't go right. Check for a file in
Documents and Settings/cody/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/zikkgg3ew.default/gm_scripts/config.xml

This file should just be really simple stuff, but if the file doesn't exist or can't be read, Greasemonkey won't work at all, apparently. Here's what's in mine:

Code:

<UserScriptConfig>
   <Script filename="poopliivsmagic.user.js" name="Poopli IVSMagic" namespace="http://www.douglips.com/userscripts" description="Adds IVSMagic functions to Poopli" enabled="true">
      <Include>*</Include>
   </Script>
</UserScriptConfig>

(that entire <Script filename yada yada stuff> should be on one line.)
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's more info on that problem (first bulleted point.)
http://greaseblog.blogspot.com/2005/12/troubleshooting-064.html
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. If I'd known Greasemonkey was such a PITA I would have just released a Firefox Extension.

If you can't get this to work as a Greasemonkey script, I'll do a Firefox extension so people can test this.

Here is more info from that same web page I linked to in the last post:
Quote:

Ketan Kothari said...

The error message from Javascript Console is "Config is not defined". Note the Case of C is uppercase and not the lower case. When i went to my profile\gm_scripts directory i found that config.xml is in lower case C. I renamed it to uppercase c. So the file name now became Config.xml and the error message went away and some of my greasemonkey scripts also started working fine specially those using GM_log in their scripts. i would suggest installation script to take care of making C uppercase.
09 January, 2006 08:57
eclectic
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works like a charm - very cool!!
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it working.. i renamed the config.xml to Config.xml. however, at first, that didn't fix it. even after closing and restarting Firefox. this whole time, i was opening the poopli page in a new tab from a link on another page. when it still wasn't working, i closed and restart Firefox, and this time selected open link in new window.. that time it worked. so i went back and tried open in new tab, and it still worked.. so i don't know what the difference was or is, but its working now.

very cool, indeed good work!
MaxH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I clicked on the "Install" button on your page, douglips, I got this error:

Quote:
Error installing user script:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a [nsIIOService.newChannel]"nsresult: "0x804b000a (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://phpbbuserhide/content/browser.xul :: getContents :: line 20"data: no]

I uninstalled phpBBuserhide (I think that's what it was called) and the script installed just fine. Weird. That's OK, I stopped using that extension a while ago, but if anyone else is using it, be aware it seems to cause problems with the script. (NOT with Greasemonkey, AFAICT.)

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
berkland
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks if there is a show without a description, it causes problems. e.g. The XML IVSMagic is returning contains:
Code:

<REPLAY_SHOW EPISODE="The Andorian Incident" ID="1112569199" TITLE="Star Trek: Enterprise">
    <EPISODE_SUMMARY />
    <RECORDING_INFO DURATION_IN_SECONDS="3600" RECORDED_AT="19:00" RECORDED_ON="2005/04/03" RECORD_QUALITY="STANDARD" />
    <SEND_PROGRESS TIME_SENT="02/01/2006 10:08 pm" TIME_T_SENT="1138849680" MPG_START_TIME="" MPG_START_TIME_T="" LAST_UPDATE="02/03/2006 1:07 pm" LAST_UPDATE_TIME_T="1138990032" BYTE_OFFSET="0" MPG_SIZE="889287680" PERCENT_COMPLETE="0.0" LOOPBACK_SEND="FALSE" SEND_DENIED="FALSE">
      <SENDER IP="127.0.0.1" NICKNAME="Berkland" ISN="00004-54831-99999" />
      <RECIPIENT IP="207.999.999.999" NICKNAME="(name removed)" ISN="00004-54831-99999" />
    </SEND_PROGRESS>
  </REPLAY_SHOW>

The following change in the script seems to fix it:
Code:

IVSMagicShow.prototype._init = function(xmlElement)
{
   this._xmlElement = xmlElement;

this.setEpisode(this._xmlElement.getAttribute(this._EPISODE_ATTRIB));
   this.setTitle(xmlElement.getAttribute(this._TITLE_ATTRIB));
   this.setShowID(xmlElement.getAttribute(this._ID_ATTRIB));

var summaryElts = xmlElement.getElementsByTagName(this._SUMMARY_ELT);
-   if (summaryElts.length != 1) {
+   if (summaryElts.length != 1 || summaryElts[0].firstChild == null) {
      logMessage("WARNING: Unable to find Summary element in show record");
   }
+   else {
     this.setSummary(summaryElts[0].firstChild.nodeValue);
+  }

var infoElts = xmlElement.getElementsByTagName(this._RECORDING_INFO_ELT);

Thanks for sharing this! I'll let you know if I run into any other problems.
berkland
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the error I was seeing was something like "summaryElts[0].firstChild has no attributes | line 72".
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the bug report! You're right, I didn't take into account the possibility that a tag was empty.

Your change is correct, and I'll incorporate it in the next version.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. Get it here.
- Now displays receives as well as sends
- You can turn on/off display of sends, receives, and completed shows by clicking links.
The links look a little amateurish, but they work.
- The refresh is much smoother now, so I've dialed it down to 2 minutes.
Now when it refreshes, nothing changes except the spinning "busy" icon,
then *poof*, your new data shows up. No blinking, no disappearing stuff.
I really like this now.
- XML parsing robustness improvements (Thanks, berkland!)
- Restricts itself to running only on poopli.com by default

Known problems:
- The animation runs the wrong way for receives.
- I'm not sure I'm happy with the overall look when both sends and
receives are up - I'll play with that a bit.
- Don't have a "last update" on receives, so they are always animated.

Stop here if you don't care about technical details.
For geeks:
- Security improvements. The refresh and the show/hide stuff was using
the "unsafe window" method of doing timeouts and callbacks, I've
changed this to use a function pointer to a callback in my script.

Article for security stuff:
Common Greasemonkey Pitfalls

Known problems:
- Still using unsafeWindow to get the DOM parser. Can't figure out how to
get the XPCNativeWrapper stuff to work, so there is still one
"unsafeWindow" reference.
eclectic
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that everyone using this is connecting to your server for the images. Since everyone has to be using IVSM to use this, and since IVSM has a built in web server (good old apache), wouldn't it be better to have users serve up their own images?
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, absolutely.

I just thought it would be easier to host the images myself rather than get them blessed in the IVSmagic download, or instruct people to install them themselves.

I'll extract out an "Image location" setting so people can play with this if they want.
eclectic
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be really cool. Also, how much trouble would it be to write a little config file somewhere? I changed my IVSM pointer, made some changes to the code and hosed it up, then reinstalled from your web site and it took me a little time to remember that I had to re-edit the file to point to my IVSM server again. (OK - I'm old and had a brain-fart.) Anyway, it would be kinda neat if there was a way to save local settings.

Thanks for a really cool add-on.
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can read in the IVSMagic URL from a preference instead of hardcoding it in the file I haven't done that yet.

Also, this and the image downloading issue will be irrelevant when this becomes a Firefox extension - the extension options will include a place to type your IVSMagic URL, and the images will be part of the "chrome", stored locally on your firefox installation.

I'm a bit stretched for time, but I do hope to learn enough about firefox extensions to get this working soon. This would also enable more people to test, as I think more people are willing to install a firefox extension than a Greasemonkey script, just because it's easier.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor update available at

Minor appearance changes:
- Animation is reversed on receives
- Animation is turned off on completed shows.

I haven't done Eclectic's suggestion of remembering your IVSMagic URL, so if you want to wait for the next update feel free - you aren't missing much.

Next up:
- Remember IVSMagic URLs
- Allow you to specify a different image location
- Link to My Poopli on front page of Poopli
- Semi-auto or auto update of receives from my Poopli

We'll see when I have a chance to get to this.
berkland
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also consider embedding the images in the script. See http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/patterns/add-image.html.
codemantx
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is no longer working for me.

i first noticed something was up yesterday when it was no longer showing any active sends. but it would show one completed send. but now, that one completed send is no longer being displayed.

the only thing i can determine is that apparently no IVSm entries that have been added since first installing this script are showing up. and since all the IVSm entries that were initally displayed have completed, they have been deleted from IVSm so obviously would not be displayed by the script.

i have verified that my IVSm IP is entered correctly in the script; and have no problem with the Poopstat widget showing IVSm entries.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, codemantx. I'll try to add some meaningful error messages that might help figure out what could be happening.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berkland:

I've tried PMing you with a detailed message about your stuff, but I don't think it went through. In short, I love it. If you can email me at douglips at gmail dot com I'd love to talk to you about it.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New revision 0.3 available. Previous revisions did not have official version numbers, but let's call them 0.1 and 0.2 for now.

Newest feature: A new developer! Doug (a.k.a. "berkland") has joined Doug (a.k.a. "douglips"). He's already made significant contributions, so much so that I'd already consider him a co-owner of this project with me. Thanks for diving in, Doug!

Screenshot of latest revision:

Actual features:
[provided by berkland]
- progress bars have a very fine granularity and auto-scale to available space (using tables and cell background images)
- added size information in addition to % text
- embedded images inside script, so it no longer hits douglips.com
- added send time, a note if not yet accepted (sends), and last update date/time if it has been accepted
- Asks for IVSMagic URL, and stores it in preferences. Now you don't have to edit the script to change your IVSMagic URL every time you download a new version of this script!
- Other options stored in preferences. To tweak them, go to "about:config" in firefox, and in the filter type "Poopli".

[provided by douglips]
- Link to change IVSMagic URL ("config" next to all the other links like "show sends")
- Added images for end-caps on progress bars, so there isn't 1 pixel of the wrong color under some circumstances.

[provided by Axis of Dougs]
- Progress bar appears different for shows not-yet accepted (code by berkland, graphics by douglips)

Other clean-up has been done to make the code more usable, mostly by berkland for this revision.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemantx:
Please try the new revision, and if it fails to work, here are some trouble shooting options:

- go to [IVSMagicURL]/?xml=send_progress (for example: http://192.168.0.49:8080/?xml=send_progress). The window may be blank or have just some episode descriptions - just right-click and pick "View Source", then if you can PM me or email me (douglips at gmail doht com) the contents of that. It should look like this:
Code:
<IVSMAGIC_SHOW>
  <REPLAY_SHOW EPISODE="Black Market" ID="1138427998" TITLE="Battlestar Galactica">
    <EPISODE_SUMMARY>President Roslin tries to end black-market trading.</EPISODE_SUMMARY>
    <RECORDING_INFO DURATION_IN_SECONDS="3600" RECORDED_AT="22:00" RECORDED_ON="2006/01/27" RECORD_QUALITY="STANDARD" />
    <SEND_PROGRESS TIME_SENT="01/27/2006 11:34 pm" TIME_T_SENT="1138433650" MPG_START_TIME="01/28/2006 12:01 am" MPG_START_TIME_T="1138435289" LAST_UPDATE="01/28/2006 1:03 am" LAST_UPDATE_TIME_T="1138438997" BYTE_OFFSET="121634816" MPG_SIZE="888069632" PERCENT_COMPLETE="13.6" LOOPBACK_SEND="FALSE" SEND_DENIED="FALSE">
      <SENDER IP="192.168.0.52" NICKNAME="Douglips" ISN="00004-12345-67890" />
      <RECIPIENT IP="192.168.0.53" NICKNAME="Frodo" ISN="00004-12345-67890" />
    </SEND_PROGRESS>

</REPLAY_SHOW>

etc. etc.

- Try clicking "show completed" to see if anything shows up.

- Go to about:config in firefox, type "debug" into the filter, and find the PoopliIVSMagic.DEBUG property (you may have to expand the space for the name column - the full name is greasemonkey.scriptvals.http://www.douglips.com/userscripts/Poopli IVSMagic.DEBUG) - set it to "true" by double-clicking it. Then, after visiting Poopli, check your JavaScript console (Tools menu, -> Javascript Console) for errors. You may want to clear the JavaScript console, then hit reload on Poopli to get the most relevant errors/log messages.

If you get stuff from this, feel free to email and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

That's a start. Good luck!
-Doug
eclectic
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion:

The IVSM url request box (config) could use a format indicator. It's not clear if you want 192.168.0.3:8000 or http://192.168.0.3:8000/?xml=send_progress or what. That combined with the fact that closing the alert box asking for the URL doesn't cause an update to the underlying page caused me a little confusion. I finally decided it MUST want http://.... , put that in and did a page refresh and all was well.

That said, it will be really nice not to have to put the URL in again - thanks!!
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

douglips wrote:
codemantx:
Please try the new revision...
-Doug
its working.. we'll see how it does once i start removing existing transfers from IVSm and as new ones start.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eclectic wrote:
Suggestion:

The IVSM url request box (config) could use a format indicator. It's not clear if you want 192.168.0.3:8000 or http://192.168.0.3:8000/?xml=send_progress or what.

Good idea- we can easily change this for the next revision.

codemantx wrote:
its working

Glad to hear it! Let us know if you have any other problems.
-Doug
MaxH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the ability to keep changes, like when I choose "Show completed", then switch to another Replay, or even leave Poopli and come back later, I'd like for it to still show all completed sends, until I click Hide. Is that a trivial change? It doesn't impede the functioning, but it would be more user-friendly.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: