Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foxtel PVR, tyring to convert to Sky+ PVR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bybachler
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Foxtel PVR, tyring to convert to Sky+ PVR Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Tricky situation, but perhaps someone with lots of ReplayTV experience can help me find the right direction. I have a UK built Sky+ PVR (think Tivo....yack..). Anyway, The Sky+ PVR is build by the company PACE. The same company builds the Foxtel Australia PVR, called IQ. It's the identical unit, except the EPG Software is specifically Sky+ on the Sky unit and Foxtel...xxx on the Foxtel. So, If I try to use the access card of teh Sky+ unit in the Foxtel unit, it doesn't work.

This is what I need to get done: I need to access the Foxtel unit and the Sky unit. Copy the EPG software off the Sky unit onto a drive/cd/palm anything...then copy this as a firmware upgrade onto the Foxtel unit, deleting the Foxtel settings, then installing the Sky settings. Done. This way it's worth using it on the Sky system. Both units have a USB plug, but it doesn't do anything. I bought a USB Drive Exchange cable (USB going both ways, like a network cable), but it doesn't see anything. There must be a way to access both units and crack that system. Anyone steering me into the right direction will get $100 by PayPal. I am dead serious. I am running out of ideas and the Foxtel unit was $400 and is brand new and has at least 300 hours worth of movies, series (all 16x9) on it and I want to get them out.

I can successfully move Sky+ PAL files through a converter (NTSC) onto any of my RTV's and then share the European broadcasting on Poopli....so you see...we all get something from it...

Thanks...thanks for reading this and putting your head into it....
Guido
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Other PVRs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: