Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVSmagic Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
choli
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: IVSmagic Help Reply with quote

Hello all,

I installed IVSmagic, which I would have to say was very easy to install & get running. I am also currently Wirns. Show send proxy is set for 65324 ip 192.168.2.16

My question is when i try to send back a show from the computer to the replay, I get the message "loopback send to (replay #) was sucessful, please check your replay to accept"

When I goto accept, About 5 minutes later I get the network error message.

I am using a Belkin Router:

How I have the forwarding setup is as follows (the following are examples:

Replay 1 inbound port 65000 - 65000 ip address 192.168.2.5 type: tcp private port is the same

Replay 2 inbound 64000 - 6400 ip address 192.168.2.6 type tcp private port is the same

Ivsmagic inbound port 65324-65324 type tcp private port is the same

IS there somthing in my router I don't have set right? Or would also running somthing zonealarm mess it up?

Thanks

Chris
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using custom entries in your IVSProvider.conf you need to read the section about it in the README.

For the ISN you designated as the "proxy" Replay, you need to change that entry to point to the IVSm IP address and proxy port. You also need to confirm that the DNS entries on the Replay unit itself point to your WiRNS IP.

...and yeah if you are running any kind of firewall software you will need to let the proxy port through.

- Bob
MaxH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used Apache on my home computer before, although I've certainly heard of it. Can you give a screenshot of that setup screen (I'd do it, but I'm at a conference and I don't have remote access to my desktop from here) and what to enter for domain, network, and port in the Apache 1.3.33 setup screen? If no one has time today, I'll post a screen shot tonight or tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MaxH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...did you include all the Apache files needed in the installer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxH wrote:
Wait...did you include all the Apache files needed in the installer?

Everything you need to run IVSm is provided by the installer.

A small stub of Apache and PHP are already integrated into the packager. The installer will also configure the Apache and PHP config files automatically based on the values you entered during the install process.

Just run installer and go!

Read over all docs I posted at:

http://www.replaytvupgrade.com/ivsmagicbeta/

- Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: