Joined: 12 May 2004
|Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:35 pm Post subject: Troubleshooting Checklist
|For a NEW issue that cannot be found via a forum search, include the following and post a new topic with a clear and concise subject:
- What stopped working?
- What is working?
- When did it stop working?
- What changed?
- New installation, upgrade or existing setup?
Replay Network Setup:
- Static IP or DHCP (Static IP preferred)
- DNS on Replay set to WiRNS IP
- Gateway set to LAN Gateway
- Operating System
- Service or Command Line
- UPNP Enabled?
- Serve Guide Data to Replays Enabled?
- Last events from Administration -> View Log file (WiRNS Log section)
- Errors from Administration -> View Log file (WiRNS Debug Log section)
- Alternate Interface used?
- On PC or Router?
- Disabled or permit the following ports:
- TCP/xxxx <-- For IVS, replace XXX with your IVS port on router.
WiRNS with DVArchive:
- Type? (i.e. ADSL, ISDN, Cable, Satellite)
- ISP Proxy?
- ISP Block port 80?
- NAT'd private IP or public IP?