Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with DVarchive streaming in Tiger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
midavd
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Problems with DVarchive streaming in Tiger Reply with quote

I can't live-stream after upgrading to Tiger and QuickTime 7 QT helper does not open QT 7 Any ideas?
gduprey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try VideoLAN client. I have no idea what has changed in the latest OSX and/or QT (not a Mac person), but VLC usually works on any platform.
midavd
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I tried VLC but no luck so far for streaming. I even tried an older version of VLC 0.46 or somethign like that. May be someone who made the QT helper can help?
harthansen
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: VLC 0.82 works great Reply with quote

I have been using VLC 0.82 and 0.81 with perfect success on OS-X Tiger with QT4. There is even a patch that will automatically skip the commercials for you. You need source compling skills to do it, so I haven't tried yet. but other then that I have no problems lose QT helper and just select VLC .082 as your player for streaming and regular. goto dvarchive.org to get it.
-hart
harthansen
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant QT7 not 4
-Hart
I have a replaytv 5060
midavd
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I am very grateful for your insights I am going to try it as I get home, and I will let you know what's up.
bravo
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: hey yall Reply with quote

The streaming feature still doesn't work for me. In the streaming video and mpeg video playback area, i have "/Applications/VLC.app" for VLC 0.82. but when i go to play a show (stream) it, it doesn't even open VLC and play it. What is wrong? I'm running tiger also, btw. I have tried the qt helper. with that, it opens quicktime but nothing else happens.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: hey yall Reply with quote

bravo wrote:
The streaming feature still doesn't work for me. In the streaming video and mpeg video playback area, i have "/Applications/VLC.app" for VLC 0.82. but when i go to play a show (stream) it, it doesn't even open VLC and play it. What is wrong? I'm running tiger also, btw. I have tried the qt helper. with that, it opens quicktime but nothing else happens.

The problem is that you don't have DVArchive configured properly to use VLC. For whatever reason, the DVArchive file browser doesn't recognize that VLC.app is a folder and not the application. There is a thread on this somewhere, but you need to enter the complete path, which would be "/Applicatons/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC". What I do is to type in that path and then bring up the file browser and select VLC again. Then you can copy-and-paste the path into the second path line as well...

Henry
djsprat
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Snow Leopard Problems Reply with quote

I have tried to change the path name to /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc, but that has not worked. I can not get the shows to stream or play unless I open them from within VLC. Thoughts? Suggestions?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting the same question three different times probably won't get you any better answer...

The best way I have found to configure the DVArchive player is to type in the path as above and then use the Browse button to actually select the player application. The path you selected assumes that you installed the VLC application in the Applications folder. So, number one, double check that you actually have the VLC application in the Applications folder. If you don't either move the VLC application into the Applications folder, or adjust your path to the folder where you have VLC installed. Once you have an appropriate path configured in DVArchive, click the Browse button and you should see it open a standard file open dialog. Use this to select the VLC application and press OK. This will ensure that you get a correct path to the VLC application with all the correct name case and such. If you press the Browse button and the open dialog doesn't show you the VLC application, then you've made a mistake entering the path to the VLC application...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: