Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you're looking at. Take a look at the screen shot of the WiRNS Replay Guide in the wiki page below. There you'll see that the "A Good Man Goes to War" show was recorded on 2011-06-11 at 5pm. Is that not what you are looking for?

http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/Tools:Replay_Guide
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is similar to what I'm looking foron WiRNS I'm looking for the one that shows all my recorded shows on my replay Is there a way you can search them by date? I want to see if I can see what I reorded on May 22 or May 23 I'm looking at tool replay guide and that shows I tried to find on IE 8 by 3/22/2016 and it shows when they will be on TV not in my guide or am I in the wrong place here on WiRNS? Thank uou for all you help.
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an example of me searching for "2/27/2016" in my Replay Guide and it finding the show "American Masters" that was recorded on that date. Does this not work for you?

zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

)n 2/27/2016 mine brought up 100,000 Cameras Daytona 500 which I recorded. It is working now, before it was bringing up many different shows thst were on tv. I just did 5/22/2016 and found the show that I did not remember recording. I see we can delete from here to. Above the red delete I see a green d l later. Does the mean if I push on that one it means delete one later?
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D/L is short for Download, that button schedules a recording to download to WiRNS later. Remember, most of us record a bunch of stuff and then download it to WiRNS to free up space on our Replays. The largest drive in my Replays is 250gb, whereas I have a 2tb drive in my WiRNS pc for shows.
Glenn1963
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
that button schedules a recording to download to WiRNS later.

Use Configuration->WiRNS to set the scheduled download time.

There is also a check box option to always just download all new shows, so you don't have to mark them individually. It will download a show only once, even if you don't delete it, or do delete the downloaded copy.

Finally, under the Administration menu there is a "Start Download Queue" entry, which will immediately start the download of all shows marked for Download Later, rather than wait for the scheduled time. There is also a "Stop Download Queue", which will pause processing the rest of a remaining queue, and not kill the current download.

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
panardone
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the example that Rob posted yesterday you will notice the sort order is "Title cs", "Episode cs", "Date", "Cat cs".

If you change the sort order to "Date" first with both "Desc" and "Group" checked, and then "Title cs", "Episode cs", "Cat cs" you will have the recordings listed by dates, newest date first.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I will be downloading any shows in a while. I'm stll working on getting the channel guide to go to the replays. I'm doing it manually in the SD configuration and I click on start update and look at all the days it's downloading, then go to the two replays to see if it went but not yet. I do the 243 zone and net connect on each replay and watch it on wirns untll it is finished. It downloaded two times last year but that was when I had two routers and found out here I was on two networks. Thaank you all for your help. I will get this figured out one day to see what I still have set wrong.
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine having to do all the manual stuff that you have to do, I would never remember to do it.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a copy of everything that it did and what time everyday for a week then I delete them. I also keep a copy of the view logfile for about a week. I think when my replays can see each other I will have it right. I haven't been able to see the bedroom shows on living room replay in about a year now.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of the 243zone the way I have been doing it manually Glenn, should I try "Start Download Queue" from WiRNS Administration to get the channel guide to my replays by doing it from WiRNSAdministration to get the channel guide to the replays?
The Robman

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Start Download Queue" starts the download queue, but if you haven't queued any shows up to be downloaded later to WiRNS, it won't do anything.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Rob, I won't do that then and now I think I know what Queue means, used for downloading shows which I am not doing now.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing it manually now I do about 9 steps about 35min to a hour sometimes. Once I get it set right and see the guide goes to the replays without going to each replay now and have to do the 243 zone that will bring it down to about 3 steps 15 minutes. Then I will try to leave on one night and see if it does it all automatically. I know it won't do it autmatically until I get it going manual first.
The Robman

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you been doing it manually all along, which I guess is required if you mainly keep your WiRNS PC turned off.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I leave it on which I tred one time and it did not send the guide to the replays. That's why I figure if I get it do it manually from the start update in SD configuration it is suppose to go to the replays. It Last year it went to the replays about 2 days on one then one day on the other. They told me it was because I had two DHCP sererss that was why it didn't work. So now it poles the replays when I do it manually 243 zone on replays. The channel guide is suppose to go to the reaplays when I click on the update guide in SD configuration like the directions showed last fall
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to leave the WiRNS computer on all the time, just like you leave your Replays on all the time, you should be able to set things up so that everything works by itself. That's how I have mine set up.

Sure, you occasionally need to do some maintenance because, maybe, the PC rebooted or something, but for the most part, the PC will download the new guides from SD automatically and the Replays will grab it from the PC automatically, so I don't even need to think about it.

Plus, if you're recording a show that you don't want to watch right away, you can easily download the shows to the PC for storage so they don't take up space on your Replay. And furthermore, if you get the router setup for IVS, you can start having people send you shows. We have a handful of great people here who have TONS of storage on their WiRNS PCs and they record everything, so if you need an HBO show or something from Showtime, they've got it. We've even got one guy who gets stuff sent to him from the UK, Australia, Canada, etc and he then converts it to Replay format so he can share it. It's amazing, you really aught to try it.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left computer on and it said on both replays had message on could not connect about 4:20am. lIke they did before. I will go back and look at your screenshots again. I know if I can manual update guide in SD configuration and if it goes to the replays it will work when I set like yours I still have have somethng wrong. Mine is set to connect about 4am in mornings now.
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're leaving the computer on now, PM me your info and I'll log on and take a look.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I just sent you pm.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been sick that past few months so have not been able to do port forwarding and other. My neighbor down the road says he has a friend that uses WiRNS and when he comes down on vacation he will have him look at my settings.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is off topic.
Does anyone know Where the battery is on the sonic blue replaytv 5080? When I unplug it from the A/C outlet I lose my channel guide when I plug it back in it defaults time date back to 1999 I think. Someone said I need to replace the battery.
jhagen
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5xxx series does not use a battery. It uses a supercap to supply power the real time clock chip when power is removed. I do not know how long it will maintain the clock without power, I would expect 3-4 weeks.
The supercap is C226 which is near the connector for the front panel. The problem could also be a diode that is used to charge the supercap while power is present.
If you are not have the tools to troubleshoot and repair the unit, I can repair it for you. Send me a PM if interested.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I just unplugged it for about a minute then when I plugged in battery backup about 10 min later I noticed the channel guide was blank and the clock was way back to baout 1999. I think it did about a few months ago but didn't think about it at the time.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I shouldn't post this here but I'm still working on things here. I'm trying to activate a different replay and having a hard time. I put one of my other hard drives in it and wirns found it but keeps saying remind me. Which one is the WiRNS status screen? I have Henry's post and trying to figure it out. It' hard for me to see with caterrat and vertigo. I have this one Refer to this post from Henry, but where is the wirns status screen? is it under the configurations with the others?
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone can also help me by phone please pm me and I can give you my phone number. I would like to do this soon before they do caterart in other eye.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I noticed my bedroom Replay 5516 was on so when I went to look at shows it started to reboot. I got the guide downloaded and then It keep rebooting like it was doing. I put different drive that I had in it before and that is rebooting to. Does anyone know what could be wrong. I still have a 5080 model that I need to get shipped out to fix clock. We also made it threw the Hurricane without power foor days but made it ok.
bri4jenn
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
Today I noticed my bedroom Replay 5516 was on so when I went to look at shows it started to reboot. I got the guide downloaded and then It keep rebooting like it was doing. I put different drive that I had in it before and that is rebooting to. Does anyone know what could be wrong. I still have a 5080 model that I need to get shipped out to fix clock. We also made it threw the Hurricane without power foor days but made it ok.

I know I have some trouble viewing content on netowrk attached ReplayTV's. If I am watching a show on a network ReplayTV and I want to switch to a different show I have to pause the show I am watching first, otherwise my Replay I'm viewing the shows through will reboot. I believe this is caused by a slow network.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally put another drive that I had in it before and it stopped rebooting. I was reading post from some years ago that Henry posted but I did not find a fix for it. I'm going to run it a week or so then put the drive that keeps rebooting back in. I thought it could have been like a software problem but I was not sure. Your right have to be careful on going back and switching shows. They reboot. don't watch a show when I'm recording either as they are sensitive annd I don't want them to reboot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: