Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodby, thanks for the product and the help - 3 ReplayTVs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sywink
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Goodby, thanks for the product and the help - 3 ReplayTVs Reply with quote

To those who have done the work on these boxes and these websites, I just want to say thanks. I'd also like to make available the 3 Repaly TVs I no longer have a use for. You may have them for the cost of shipping.

I believe all 3 work, I'm certain of 2. All started as model 5040s, but at least 2 now have 320GB drives. The 3rd box has not been used in several years, but I don't remember any cannibalization. I also have two original booklets and a copy of the original software on CD.

Steve Winkeljohn
a.k.a. Swink@hotmail.com
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you post your location.. that helps in estimating shipping costs. If there are no takers here, let me know and I can ping a list of LaHo folks who may not be monitoring this forum.
sywink
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Goodby, thanks for the product and the help - 3 ReplayTVs Reply with quote

Good suggestion. I'm located in metro Atlanta, Johns Creek specifically.

I pulled one from the closet and the model is an RTV5516. I'm pretty sure at least one is a RTV5040. If you would like to estimate shipping measure it at 17" x 15" by 3.25 with a weight of 12 lbs by my bathroom scale. It would be shipped from zip 30022.

I believe that is what is needed to allow you to figure shipping. If I can find a box and not have to pay more than a buck or two, we will figure it out.
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Goodby, thanks for the product and the help - 3 ReplayTV Reply with quote

sywink wrote:
Good suggestion. I'm located in metro Atlanta, Johns Creek specifically.

I pulled one from the closet and the model is an RTV5516. I'm pretty sure at least one is a RTV5040. If you would like to estimate shipping measure it at 17" x 15" by 3.25 with a weight of 12 lbs by my bathroom scale. It would be shipped from zip 30022.

I believe that is what is needed to allow you to figure shipping. If I can find a box and not have to pay more than a buck or two, we will figure it out.

I work in Norcross/Peachtree Corners, so I could meet you and pick them up. You wouldn't have to box them up to get them to a good home.

BTW, I just emailed you, since you included your email in your original post.

Rob
sywink
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Goodby, thanks for the product and the help - 3 ReplayTVs Reply with quote

Hello Rob,

Come get them. I'm about 2 miles from Perimeter Church which is just north of Atl Athletic CC on 141.

My address is 710 Old Meadow Glen, JC 30022
Cell phone is 770/877-0747

This evening, tomorrow, just let me know ahead of time so I can validate being at home. -
barmar
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be in the For Sale/Trade forum?
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barmar wrote:
Shouldn't this be in the For Sale/Trade forum?

Probably, but there's not a lot of traffic there, so he probably thought it would get seen quicker here.

Not that there's a lot of traffic anywhere anymore

Robert
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Goodby, thanks for the product and the help - 3 ReplayTV Reply with quote

sywink wrote:
Hello Rob,

Come get them. I'm about 2 miles from Perimeter Church which is just north of Atl Athletic CC on 141.

My address is 710 Old Meadow Glen, JC 30022
Cell phone is 770/877-0747

This evening, tomorrow, just let me know ahead of time so I can validate being at home. -

Steve,

I was out of town, and got back today. I wasn't checking the forums while I was with family However, I did get a PM from someone else that may be interested, and said he was PM'ing you.

I'm fine either way, just let me know if you'd still like me to pick them up or not.

I'll PM you my contact info.

Rob
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone's info, I picked up the 3 Replays from Steve on Tuesday.

They all seem to work! However, two the hard drives won't allow any of the machines to boot fully. I haven't had time to figure out that issue, but I can put one of the original 40GB drives into any of the 3 machines and they all work with it. But, no matter where I put the 2 larger drives, the RTVs won't boot fully, and won't show video while one after booting.

Rob
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried re-imaging the large drives? I have to assume that they worked at one point, if Steve had them in the machines.
sywink
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Goodby, thanks for the product and the help - 3 ReplayTVs Reply with quote

Good luck Rob. Hope you can make something of them. The one that works was probably the only one turned on in the last 6 months. I used the 2 with the 32meg drives networked for about 10 years, and unplugged the last one in perhaps September. I just hope they have some value to you.

Thanks again to everybody who has helped me here. Since I didn't sell anything, nor trade, perhaps this is the goodby board.

Wink
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Have you tried re-imaging the large drives? I have to assume that they worked at one point, if Steve had them in the machines.

When I get some time and actually have the need to replace one of my working ones, that will be the first thing I'll try. With the holidays, family, etc. I didn't get much time to tinker.

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: