Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVArchive with Windows 10 - error getting providers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
computist
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: DVArchive with Windows 10 - error getting providers Reply with quote

Have used DVArchive with XP, Win7, and now trying to set it up on Win10. Using same settings as before, I cannot get TVGuide to work, have tried WiRNS primary and secondary ports, continue receiving "error getting providers". It starts up and "sees" the WiRNS machine (and all the ReplayTVs), but apparantly won't talk to the Provider/Guide section. Still works with the Win7 installation so I know it's not WiRNS. Both using DVArchive v3.2, only difference is I'm using Java 1.4.2 on Win7 and Java 8u91 on Win10. Is this something weird with Win10 setup (I'm new with W10)?
computist
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Have deleted Java 8u91 and installed Java 1.4.2 and still have the problem.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always used both javas---when setting up wirns guide data make sure u check "serve onlly wirns guide data to replays" box.
computist
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That box is checked. Remember, the DVArchive on the Win7 box works. Just the one I'm trying to put on the Win10 box doesn't.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that wasnt the answer. this may be related to the servers being down which they fixed so try again, only other things maybe the directery dva is in, try a different one, mines in the x86 but maybe it needs to be where wirns sets up for u. also wirns may still be the troulbe, make a copy of wirns on the w10 and save it some where. then copy the entire contents not the folder from the w7 and paste in the w10. restart wirns and see if that works. very easy to do. if it doesnt work just paste the w10 copy back. make sure u stop wirns before diong and close the taskbar icon.
computist
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually my setup is WiRNS is running on an XP box, DVArchive is running on a Win7 box, and I'm trying to set up a second DVArchive on a Win10 laptop. Servers being down isn't an issue. When I try the 10 DVA and it fails, I check the 7 DVA and it works. The only variable seems to be the Win10 box (which can see the WiRNS machine and visa versa). All are on the same WORKGROUP.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u must setup wirns on the w10 to feed the data to dva. make a copy of the dva tv.xml on w7 and paste it where the new one on w10 is and thee two things will fix it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: