Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital Adapter for 5000 with TWC in Kansas City
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.
dkodgis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: An observation... Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised to find that with the use of the DTA box, *any* unscrambled channel, even in the 900 to 1000s range, is able to be accessed and recorded. Surprisingly, the DTA box provides access to 101 and up channels with no issues. This is a big plus to have access to some channels that were previously not able to be accessed and recorded because they were digital and past the 1-100 channel range. The picture the Replay records and plays back is clearer and sharper than before with the analog signal. Somehow the DTA cleans up the signal a bit more and this is noticeable at playback time. This beats $23 a month for a cable company DVR.
dkodgis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: hit or miss for changing channels on the DTA TWC box Reply with quote

I am noticing here lately a difficulty in changing channels. For a while it was rock solid. I recorded a show from channel 996 at 8 am and 8:30 am with no problems, and then a show on channel 7 at 3 pm with no problems. Now once in a while the channel is not changing to 996 or if it does it is not changing to channel 7 to record a show there at 3 pm. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using ir code 0447.
dstoffa
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: hit or miss for changing channels on the DTA TWC box Reply with quote

dkodgis wrote:
I am noticing here lately a difficulty in changing channels. For a while it was rock solid. I recorded a show from channel 996 at 8 am and 8:30 am with no problems, and then a show on channel 7 at 3 pm with no problems. Now once in a while the channel is not changing to 996 or if it does it is not changing to channel 7 to record a show there at 3 pm. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using ir code 0447.

I would recommend that you keep your television on, and observe what is being sent by your Replay to the DTA when a channel change is supposed to occur.

It is possible that the DTA is asleep, wakes on the first digit, then tunes to the rest, which implies that your DTA is tuning to a non-exisitant channel.

This happens with my RTV's and my CM-7000 from time-to-time.

Does this error happen all the time or only once in a while?

Cheers!
-Doug
dkodgis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is once n a while. That is the frustrating thing. When it misfires it either changes to the wrong channel but it is always the same wrong channel or it does not change from the last channel it was on. I was using code 0477 and it was hit or mss. Then i added an "A" and that made the channel changing near perfect. The infrequent misfiring is vexing
dkodgis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be missing something. I use a digital Time Warner lineup from Schedules Direct. Fine. With Wirns and on the Replays I use 0 as the first lineup offset.

What's the problem? The problem is on the DTA box I get up to channel 1999. On the Replays, I get a schedule up to channel 999.

Here is where it gets confusing. Cozi channel is 965 but this channel is not listed on my Schedules Direct guide; the Cozi channel on the Schedules Direct guide is 1245. But when I manually tune the DTA box to the 965 channel, it takes me to 1245. So using the DTA box, channel 965 selection with TWC remote skips me right away to 1245. On the Replay guide I only see channel 965 and not 1245. Mostly it seems to work when a show is to be recorded. Somehow the Replay show scheduled from channel guide channel 69 using the Replay works like this: Replay tunes the DTA to 1245...most of the time. I think this is the reason I see intermittent failures of recording with Cozi.

So, maybe my question is this. What do I put in Wirns as an offset for a second or third lineup, and do I couple this with another guide selection in Schedules Direct...to get past channel 999 in my Replay guide? If the Schedules Direct guide lineup has post 999 channels, and the DTA does, why does the Replay guide not go past channel 999? What adjustments should I make? Thanks everyone.
dkodgis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK while waiting for a reply I did what I should have done. I searched remapping term and found this has been kicked around. I see the Replay guide will only go to 999 forever and I have to remap a channel if I want things to show in the guide and tune. I am going to give this a try (I found instructions in a prior post). Thanks.
dkodgis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject: Help, please Reply with quote

There are two guides I could get from SchedulesDirect. One is Time Warner cable ready tv and the other is digital. I use the digital. On the Replay guide (hit menu on Replay remote, select Channel Guide see what's on TV), it shows 966 as WNBCD2 and 967 as WLNYDT (which is a CBS affiliate). When scheduling Wyatt Earp shows to record, the search and select to record a show feature of Replay brings me to both channels as having Wyatt Earp shows. It is odd that it shows some of the Wyatt Earp shows as being on 967 because this is a CBS affiliate and would not show COZi TV shows (which is owned by NBC). In fact, the Replay channel guide (hit menu on Replay remote, select Channel Guide see what's on TV) shows 967 as not having the Earp shows at the times and dates the Replay find a show search shows. So the search shows Earp shows on 967 but the Replay channel guide (hit menu on Replay remote, select Channel Guide see what's on TV) does not!

So issue #1: the Replay TV guide shows channel 966 as WNBCD2 and I have been recording shows off of that based on the Replay find shows to record option. That has been hit or miss. Sometimes even the Wyatt Earp shows in the Replay guide on channel 967 do record a Wyatt Earp show but here lately no. The impt point here is while shows on 966 are selected to record, if it all works then the Replay tunes to channel 1245 COZi tv as it should and as I want it to. Ditto for 967. I was trying to record Earp shows as per the Replay search/find shows to record option without realizing the tv show guide of Replay and its search results did not match up for channel 967.

Issue #2: SchedulesDirect cable ready guide only goes up to channel 99. The digital schedule goes up to 1999 but it does *NOT* contain channels 966 and 967. Where and why Replay's guide is pulling 966 and 967 guide info from, I don't know.

Issue #3: I think my best option is to ignore channel 967 channel guide info on the Replay, and stay with channel 966 guide info which seems accurate and parallel with channel 1245 COZi TV. But, on the Scientific Atlanta cable box, 966 and 967 are unreachable and on the DTA boxes, ditto. Channel 1245 is reachable on all boxes. Since I can't pull channel 1245 guide info, I only have channel 966's guide info to work with.

So I think I want to edit the channel guide map, and take an unused station and remap it to...what...1245? If this is what I have to do, can someone please help me do that? I see channel 1245 in the first column but what do I remap it to? Given that the Replay guide is showing 966 and 967, and only 966 is showing Wyatt Earp shows on the Replay guide but the Replay search to find shows and record is returning Wyatt Earp shows on both 966 and 967 and COZi is channel 1245, and it all works as is, sometimes, I am at a loss. Sometimes it all works (if I have the show selected from 966, 967) and it tunes correctly to 1245. Other times, it takes me to channel 1 or Bravo channel 66. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Somehow I want to take the channel 966 guide info, schedule shows off of it, and get the tuning to ignore 966 but instead tune to 1245. How do I do that?
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ReplayTV box itself only allows 1000 channels per listing (ie, 1-999, 1000-1999, 2000-2999, etc), so if the listing in question has channels numbers greater than 999, Replay will randomly pick an unused number that's not greater than 999 and assign the channel there. So in the case of your Cozi channel, which should be 1245, it's evidently assigning it to channel 966. So, 966 is an entirely made up number that doesn't correspond to any real channel numbers, so you would not expect to find it in a Schedules Direct listing and you would not expect to be able to directly tune your cable box to channel 966. When you select 966 from your Replay channel guide, the Replay will tune the cable box to channel 1245.

If you are using 2 listings and this is from the 2nd listing, then it would probably use 1966 instead of 966 for Cozi. It wouldn't use 1245 because that would tune to channel 245.
dkodgis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info I follow you. The thing is what can I do with the hit or miss tuning to 1245?

Can I do anything such as remap or just live with it? I only use the digital lineup
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that the hit or miss tuning has anything to do with the channel being remapped from 1245 to 966. How is the tuning for all the other channels?
aa4hg
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkodgis,
I had my Replay have the same hit and miss tuning using the IR Blaster for a long time. I moved the IR Blaster LEDs so that only one was in front of the ReplayTV unit and I have not had a problem with it since.

Also here is a fine tuning procedure for the IR Blaster. It is near the bottom of this post. I would only do this after determining that moving the IR Blaster LEDs doesn't fix the problem.

I have done this before, but it was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (and Han DID shoot first!)

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: