Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replay Stuck In Dial up Mode???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Replay Stuck In Dial up Mode??? Reply with quote

I was trying to re set the settings on my replay because I was not getting my guide information and now I cannot get it to go back to network. It is stuck on dialup.
When I try to enter "Network and Input Settings" It says "currently recording press stop to stop recording then change the channel" Now I cannot connect to receive my guide data.
Is there any other way to go back to network? I can reboot my 5504 in WIRNS but it is still in dial up mode.
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Replay Stuck In Dial up Mode??? Reply with quote

Witam wrote:
I was trying to re set the settings on my replay because I was not getting my guide information and now I cannot get it to go back to network. It is stuck on dialup.
When I try to enter "Network and Input Settings" It says "currently recording press stop to stop recording then change the channel" Now I cannot connect to receive my guide data.
Is there any other way to go back to network? I can reboot my 5504 in WIRNS but it is still in dial up mode.

I have never had my 5xxx set to dial-up, but it looks like switching would be easy, in "Network and Input Settings" there's an option to "Switch Connection".

I have had a Replay that would show the "currently recording press stop to stop recording then change the channel" message inappropriately, but it didn't stop me from doing anything. Seems this problem is gone once I installed the fixed software (patch to allow CA/IVS on 55xx units).

What do you mean by "reboot my 5504 in WIRNS"? This doesn't seem to make sense, since WiRNS doesn't run on the Replay. Do you mean that having WiRNS on the network alows booting?
Has a Replay 5xxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Replay Stuck In Dial up Mode??? Reply with quote

mlloyd wrote:
What do you mean by "reboot my 5504 in WIRNS"? This doesn't seem to make sense, since WiRNS doesn't run on the Replay. Do you mean that having WiRNS on the network alows booting?

I assume he means hitting the "Reboot" button from the Configuration > Replays screen in WiRNS.

Witam, which version of the firmware are you running?
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Replay Stuck In Dial up Mode??? Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
mlloyd wrote:

I assume he means hitting the "Reboot" button from the Configuration > Replays screen in WiRNS.

Yes. I'm not sure why I missed that.
Has a Replay 5xxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Replay Stuck In Dial up Mode??? Reply with quote

Witam wrote:
check if ur internet is still working ok ,if not it wont switch back from dialup which u may have accidently changed. ive done that many times. the ethernet cable or plug may have poor contact so switch that out to be sure. make sure the replay dns still is the same as the wirns. make sure the wirns taskbar icon is green and nothing else is on port 80 like the dva server or whatever. check if the firewall is open still . as mr lloyd says that rec message is nothing. as rob says update wirns cause some people had their provider info dissappear a few mos. ago and of course make sure its there.
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help everyone. My software version is 530511440. How do I upgrade the firmware to check if this is causing the problem?

Still stuck in dial up mode.
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

144 is the most recent build, so that's not your problem. Just FYI, we do have a modified version of that build which would convert your 5504 into a 5040, in that it would enable CA and IVS, so that's available if you want it. But it would require flashing your RTV hard drive, so maybe ave that for a day when you don't have too many recorded shows on the unit.

To answer your question, here's how you do it...
http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/RTVPatch
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman! I was finally able to reset switch to network from dial up.

What I had to do was unplug my replay overnight and after plugging it back in I got the welcome screen. I was still stuck in dial up but was able to switch connection back to network.

Now I can connect to service but I have no guide data. When I connect to replay tv for guide data it sets clock, goes to all of the zones , combines data
but the guide does not download.

I went into wirns config - replays - net connect but still no guide data. When I go to wirns tools-current channel guide only the times on the top is there and the guide data and channels are missing. The correct replay is shown on top. Click on jump and guide is still blank.
Last guide update shows current 05/13/2016. This was my original problem until I started fiddling with my replay settings. Now I am back to my original problem. It seems like my schedule Direct is not downloading. My login name and password is correctly entered in configuration guide data. What am I doing wrong?
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb/obvious question, but do you have a listing assigned to the Replay in WiRNS (ie, is there something next to "Lineup 1 (offset 0)" or does it say "none" like in the pic below:

http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/Configuration:Replays

If you do have your line up selected there, do you also have it selected in the Replay itself?
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I show none after Lineup 1 Offset 0, Just like the link. Is there suppose to show something other than "None" ?

[/img]
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when u get to the link that rob showed u click the edit tab(on ur wirns the example doesnt show the last page) next to your replay another page comes up. all its stuff should be down the left side only. thats how u know ur on the right page. half way down is the provider info make sure the top line is filled in with ur service,comcast whoever , make sure its filled in. if not click the arrow and click on the the name press save at the bottom. if no provider shows its name then click the the configuration tad then the guide service taband fill it out. example here http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/Configuration:Guide_Data.
The Robman

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srfrdan wrote:
when u get to the link that rob showed u click the edit tab(on ur wirns the example doesnt show the last page) next to your replay another page comes up. all its stuff should be down the left side only. thats how u know ur on the right page. half way down is the provider info make sure the top line is filled in with ur service,comcast whoever , make sure its filled in. if not click the arrow and click on the the name press save at the bottom.

I've added a new image to the wiki to demonstrate this...
http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/File:Config_replays2.jpg
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I went into replay edit and the drop down on lineup 1 (offset 0) shows nothing. When I click on none nothing happens. How do I enter my cable provider?
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into my Schedules Direct account and my cable provider is listed there. What is causing it to not appear in Wirns?
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witam wrote:
OK I went into replay edit and the drop down on lineup 1 (offset 0) shows nothing. When I click on none nothing happens. How do I enter my cable provider?

I also noticed that Ser# ISN and Port are all blank with nothing entered.
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
144 is the most recent build, so that's not your problem. Just FYI, we do have a modified version of that build which would convert your 5504 into a 5040, in that it would enable CA and IVS, so that's available if you want it. But it would require flashing your RTV hard drive, so maybe ave that for a day when you don't have too many recorded shows on the unit.

To answer your question, here's how you do it...
http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/RTVPatch

I'm glad to see the instructions now say you can use the USB adapter. I've done this several dozen times and the adapter does make it a lot easier. No need to reboot the computer or make internal connections to it.

Also, unless you're replacing the drive there's no need to remove it from the Replay. You can even use the Replay as a power supply for the drive (just be careful not to touch the Replay's PS).
Has a Replay 5xxx

srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witam wrote:
http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/Configuration:Guide_Data
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe reinstall wirns? go here http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/Configuration:Replays as rob said on ur current wirns and select the export replays tab. this saves ur replay info. after u installwirns again andrestart go bäck to the relpays tab and press import replays tab to restore all the replay info. then ull need to press the check for updates tab and it will update and restart. redo the guide data and the show paths. good to go. if u have windows 8 or 10 u have to manually add wirns thru the fire wall.
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I re installed WIRNS but still does not show the cable provider in lineup 1
On my replay I changed the zipcode and went through the input set up and my service provider is not listed (time Warner Cable) in cable providers.

In config - replays the port and isn are both blank. Is this normal?
Witam
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally figured out what the problem was. My login info to Schedule Direct was entered wrong!. After correcting the login I was finally able to update my channel guide. I feel like an idiot but thanks to all of you I was finally able to figure it out.

Thanks Again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: