Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't send shows from DVArchive w/IVSMagic.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pshovest
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Can't send shows from DVArchive w/IVSMagic..... Reply with quote

After many years of successful operation, my virtual replay fails IVSTest. Poopli reports no unit found with this ISN in the database. My conventional Replay passes the IVSTest and Poopli reports IVS Test is "OK". Ports are configured the same.

I can ping my virtual replay from outside the house using http://73.xxx.xxx.xxx:29090/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo and it return the Replay name, so I don't think this is a port problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're trying to send me a show, but I was having network problems on my end, I wasn't able to add anyone to my address book, but I think I've got it working again now, so try again in case the problem was all on my end.
pshovest
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the problem is on your end.
A problem on your end shouldn't cause my virtual replay to fail the IVStest.
Poopli reports my virtual replay is not in the RDDNS database, yet my real Replay shows up just fine and passes the IVSTest.
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting up IVSMagic is on my "to do" list, but I haven't done it yet, so I can't help there I'm afraid.
The Robman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you might have fixed it because the show showed up in my Received list and I accepted it, but now it's showing the "network errors" message.
The Robman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, Clockwork Orange is starting to come through, so did you fix something?
aa4hg
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Where are you seeing the "Network Error" message you're getting? As I indicated in the email I sent via Poopli, I've sent files recently that had no issue and my system has not changed since then.

IVSMagic shows me your IP address and it showed me a connect at the time I sent you the show.

I've never used any of the RTV units or WiRNS to receive a show. I've always used IVSm.

I did attempt to send a show via WiRNS recently and it failed miserably. So, I resent it to the guy via IVSm. The show you requested from me is via IVSm.

Later,
Scott
pshovest
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Ooh, Clockwork Orange is starting to come through, so did you fix something?

The RDDNS server(s) had the wrong IP address for my virtual replay. I could initiate a show send and get message that send was successful, but the send would never start. My virtual replay would fail the IVSTest, so I was certain the problem was on my end. After a few rounds of very helpful email with the Poopli admin, I updated the WAN and IP addresses on the RDDNS pulldown in IVSMagic. Apparently when the receiving Replay accepted the show, the RDDNS servers(s) couldn't provide the proper ip address to the receiving replay, so my virtual replay would never get the "send" command. There are many features and settings in DVArchive/IVSMagic/WiRNS that I don't understand, know how to setup or use.
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting up IVSMagic is on my "to do" list for this weekend, so I have all that fun in front of me.

It took me a while to get WiRNS working initially but once I did it's been great, and I've been loving DVArchive. I've pulled all the movies off of my 3 Replays and stored them on the basement computer.

Next up after that I intend to try out the r5k tools and the evtEdit GUI.

Scott, do you think something similar might be going on on your end?
aa4hg
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw pshovest's comments and updated everything. IVSTest says my system is good. I didn't run it before I re-updated the RDDNS system though.

How long has your system been giving Network Error msgs?

BTW, there is a lot of typing in IVSm's setup but for sharing videos, it's the only way to go. Henry used to say that WiRNS did just about everything, but it did not specialize on things like DVA and IVSm did.

Look up a utility called RTVConvert. It is a Windows GUI for making RTV Tools easier to use. I use it almost exclusively, unless I'm importing something into RTV format, then I use WRECKs batch file that I've updated to use more modern revisions of FFMPEG & MediaInfo.

Scott
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The network errors message was specifically on the show that you tried sending me, and I got the same message on PShovest's shows until he fixed his IVSMagic. If you just fixed your setup, try sending me the show again and see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Poopli All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: