Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motorola DCT700...anybody have a working IR code?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Guide setup stuff is on the DCT700 itself, not the RTV. This is just to make the recording not have as many cable box popups.

I just looked. I use 0476 on all of my boxes, DCT700 and otherwise. You have to go to Other and then Motorola and then 0476 to find it. I can't remember why I switched from 0276 to that, but something was better.
Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay. So, found the guide setup in the cable box itself. Set "Flip Bar timeout" to 2 seconds. I thought I saw someone saying "Channel entry method" should be "No Auto Tune" -- but that didn't work. In fact, I couldn't even change channels with the cable box remote when it was set that way.

0476 in those conditions is working sometimes. Also got:

2 from 25,
6 from 464
82 from 173

Perhaps there is an update I'm supposed to have on the Replay itself that I don't have? My software version is 530511440 or perhaps a IR blaster update that others have that I don't? Just taking shots in the dark here..
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do autotune. I believe that means you can just enter the numbers and it changes to that channel without you having to press enter. You need that for the blaster to work.

I don't know what you mean by
2 from 25,
6 from 464
82 from 173

I think that software version is the final one. Perhaps it is your IR blaster or the placement of it on the DCT. I tape mine on the right side on the front (if you are facing the front). That is the opposite side of where the lights are.
Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I did a Google for the sensor and found out 1) where it was, and 2) that I wasn't insane, you can't visually tell where it is.

2 from 25
6 from 464
82 from 173

Means,

I entered 25, ended up on channel 2;
I entered 464, ended up on channel 6;
I entered 173, ended up on channel 82.

I asked about IR code updates because of this:

PaulSmith68 wrote:
After much struggle, thanks to one of the posters below I went through the General Instruments codes for this, and I found that Remote IR Code 083 (usually listed under General Instruments) works, at least on Comcast Cable's flavor of the Motorola DCT700 cable / set-top box.

I don't see a IR code 0083 on my Replay. On my Replay under General Instruments the codes skip from 0012 to 0276. Even if I go under "Other" it jumps from 0078 to 0096...
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok.

I know there are fine tuning adjustments you can make on the RTV to make sure it isn't sending double numbers, but I have not had to use that. I have 3-4 5xxx RTVs set up at any given time and all of them have used DCT700 (2 still do all of the time). They both use 0476, and I didn't have to change any other settings.

Do you have a way of testing to see if your IR blaster is the problem, like with an extra one?

I assume when you enter 25, you get 25 on the RTV but 2 on the cable box, right? And 464 on the RTV, but 6 on the box, etc.
Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
I assume when you enter 25, you get 25 on the RTV but 2 on the cable box, right? And 464 on the RTV, but 6 on the box, etc.

Correct.

When you say a "way of testing to see if your IR blaster is the problem" I'm guessing you mean the cable? It was working fine before I switched cable boxes. So, I want to believe it didn't suddenly develop a problem. I'd be interested in hearing your "IR Blaster Fine Tune" settings for 0476.. make sure mine didn't get messed up some how. I have played with a lot of that stuff over the years...
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was saying that I actually have not had to fine tune, so I am not familiar with what you have to do. I just know that you can for certain issues.

Here is an example of a fix. It is not like yours, but it may help:

Question:
My ReplayTV is sending each digit 3 times (e.g., 222000666) when it tries to change channels on my Motorola or General Instruments cable box.

Answer:
This can be fixed easily.

If you come across a case where the instructions below do not correct the problem, you will need to use one of the codes on the bottom of the page as a replacement to code "0015".

Please follow these instructions:

Press the menu button and press select.
Select "Setup"
Select "Change (Network) Dialing and Input settings"
Select the input that you have your cable box assigned to.
Select "Cable Box"
Select your cable lineup
Select "Continue" on the "IR Blaster" page
If you have a ReplayTV 4000 or later, you'll first see a list for General Instruments, Motorola, and Other. Choose Other. Then, you'll see the complete list of Cable box brands.
Select "General Instrument" from the "Cable Box Brand" Page
Select "other" from the list of IR. codes available
Select "0015" and press the ">" (right cursor button)
Select "0015" and press the ">" (right cursor button) one more time
Press the "<" (left cursor button) to get back to the list of General Instruments codes.
Select "0476" (DO NOT SELECT 4476) and press the ">" (right cursor button)
At this point you should be able to select the "Select" button and then
"Keep all settings"

This should flush the code "4476" out and you should be up and running. If not, please use one of the following codes to replace "0015".

Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
I was saying that I actually have not had to fine tune, so I am not familiar with what you have to do.

Yes, I understood that. My concern is my settings are not default, that at some point I have modified them. So, I was asking you to look at the settings on yours so I could know the defaults.

I'm not sure I understand the replacement code thing, but I guess I can try it...
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. It looks like in order to do that I have to re-select my cable box, and I am not in a position to do that, so I can't help you at this time.

The replacement code thing looks like a way to flush out if there is an old code in there that may be causing a conflict in sending digits. It was just something I found.
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Tact wrote:
I'm not sure I understand the replacement code thing, but I guess I can try it...

Reading between the lines, it looks like the 4476 codeis a modified version of 0476 but with different IR blaster settings, so I am assuming that the thing with selecting 0015 or any of the other replacement codes is that they all require the IR blaster settings to be reset, then you can reselect the 0476 code and have it work.

It sounds like, if you go straight from 4476 to 0476 some of the bad settings would remain.
Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting. Thanks Rob.

Quick question: Is there a difference between the 0476 code under General Instruments and the 0476 code under Motorola? Or are they exactly the same?
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the setup code number is the same, they are exactly the same code. Just FYI, these code numbers are the same ones that are used by "One For All" (JP1) universal remotes.

But, when you see setup code numbers with high first digits (like 4476), these are custom codes created by ReplayTV where they have modified something, presumably the IR blaster settings.
Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspected the code numbers were unique as you have indicated, thanks for the confirmation, Rob. Can you explain PaulSmith68's comment about a IR Blaster code I don't see?

The code clearing operation seemed to make no improvement. The 0476 code works sometimes, sometimes not. Sometimes I'll get the first two digits of an entry, sometimes the last of three, sometimes the middle digit of three. I can't see a pattern.
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Tact wrote:
I suspected the code numbers were unique as you have indicated, thanks for the confirmation, Rob. Can you explain PaulSmith68's comment about a IR Blaster code I don't see?

Is there a screen level that you go through which shows 3 digit codes before you get to the screen with the 4 digit codes?

I've only ever used code 1983 for my Comcast DTA box, and that is one that I added myself, with Henry's help.
Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Is there a screen level that you go through which shows 3 digit codes before you get to the screen with the 4 digit codes?

No. I select a provider, "WiRNS", then select a "Cable Box Brand", then after the "IR Blaster test" if I select "No" I am provided a list of IR Blaster Codes, all four digits, some with a fifth alphabetic character on the end.

I did notice under "Other", "Other" you don't see the options for codes with letters on the end.
Mr. Tact
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have been bopping around the Internet looking for information on this. Somewhere (I managed to fail to record where exactly) I read someone questioning having the IR Blaster "too close" to the cable box sensor. Which really didn't make much sense to me -- but because:

1) I was running out of options and

2) Even though I know where the sensor is SUPPOSED to be on the cable box, you can't actually see it.

I decided to try "adjusting" it. I tried placing the sensor a few inches in front of the cable box instead of being directly on it. This seems to have made 0476 work just fine. So, either the sensor is slightly shifted or maybe I had the blaster pointed enough off center to matter.

Thanks all.
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news. Sometimes the IR blasters operate differently based on the type they are, I guess. Glad you found a solution to end your frustration.

Susan
The Robman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: