Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New extract_rtv5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Other Software of Interest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Version 81 Posted Reply with quote

Version 81 of extract_rtv5 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version adds to not abort extracting all files when a read error occurs. It also adds to output show conflict priority levels.

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 82 of extract_rtv5 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version adds a -n option to allow renaming files...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 83 of extract_rtv5 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version adds for renaming files to check that the new name doesn't already exist...

Henry
scottl44
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Henry,

I actually figured out the chmod thing on the mac and got it working!

I just have a couple questions I couldn't find in the thread.

1. Are the -e and -dsx commands run separately or at the same time like "extract_rtv5 -e -dsx"?

2. Trying the -e was extracting the files to my boot disk home directory and there is not enough space. Is there a way to define a folder on another disk to extract to?

Thanks a lot!
Scott
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottl44 wrote:
1. Are the -e and -dsx commands run separately or at the same time like "extract_rtv5 -e -dsx"?

Well, those particular two are probably mutually exclusive because the -dsx sets the partition number to the wrong partition for extracting video files. The help screen says:

Quote:
All description options force to the 1st partition

But, the main thing is that the instructions you are looking for are located here...

scottl44 wrote:
2. Trying the -e was extracting the files to my boot disk home directory and there is not enough space. Is there a way to define a folder on another disk to extract to?

No, it doesn't extract to the boot disk home directory, it extracts to the local directory that the command prompt is being run in (which for you defaults to the boot disk home directory when you open a command prompt). So, whatever directory is showing on your command prompt, that's where the shows will be stored. You can change to another drive by simply typing in that drive letter. And, you can chage the folder by using the cd command. Once you get the command prompt on the drive and in the folder that you want to extract the files, then you run the extract_rtv5 command by either copying it there to make it easy to run, or you can simply type in a fully qualified path to the extract_rtv5 command. That's also explained in the post I linked...

The other way would be to extract individual files, because they actually take a source and destination:

Quote:
-e filename [localfile]
extract single file or subdirectory
Defaults to the 2nd paritition

Which would be a lot of trouble for having to extract each file individually, but at least that would allow specifying where to store the extracted file...

Henry
scottl44
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Those instructions you linked to were the ones i was looking for earlier. Thanks!

I thought I was doing as you just explained on Mac. I placed extract_rtv5 in a folder named EXTRACT on an external drive and ran it from there in terminal.\:

/Volumes/USB250/EXTRACT/extract_rtv5 -e

But it just extracts to the boot drive home directory. Did I miss a switch or something?

Also, should I be adding -dx to the above to get the xml for DVArchive?

Thanks again,
Scott
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottl44 wrote:
I thought I was doing as you just explained on Mac. I placed extract_rtv5 in a folder named EXTRACT on an external drive and ran it from there in terminal.\:

But it just extracts to the boot drive home directory. Did I miss a switch or something?

I think it was pretty clear that I was talking about using a command prompt, which is for Windows...

Anyway, I just tried it on my Mac, and it worked just fine for me, extracting the files into the directory that I was running from. However, I'm not running the latest version of the Mac OSX, so it's certainly possible that there's something different with the version you're running. You should probably do some searching to see...

scottl44 wrote:

I don't know how to answer this. You just asked me in the previous post about combining those commands, and I said that wouldn't work and pointed you to my instructions post which shows the appropriate individual command lines. So, I'm not sure what you're asking differently this time that I haven't already answered before...

Henry
dvrdvr
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In addition, I fixed for the -dx, -dsx, -udx, and -udsx options not to include deleted shows. And, I changed for the -dsx and -udsx options to not display snapshot information. "
Hello Henry,
I figured out possibly why I could not get the xmls before.
You fixed he program not to for deleted shows and that was all I had.
There was only one xml created with guide2xml that the show did not exist due to being written over so now I know to record it again since dvarchive told me no .mpg for the xml.
maybe you could make a new - letter to allow for deleted files again.
Also It looked like dvarchive may not allow for bigger than 4 gig fige to be imported but it looks like if you copy them over to the target show directory you can play them if you already made .xml for them.
Deleted files are not to bad if you stopped to replay soon after deletion to prevent overwriting.
Thanks,
Cy
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvrdvr wrote:
"In addition, I fixed for the -dx, -dsx, -udx, and -udsx options not to include deleted shows. And, I changed for the -dsx and -udsx options to not display snapshot information. "

I figured out possibly why I could not get the xmls before.
You fixed he program not to for deleted shows and that was all I had.
There was only one xml created with guide2xml that the show did not exist due to being written over so now I know to record it again since dvarchive told me no .mpg for the xml.
maybe you could make a new - letter to allow for deleted files again.

I could certainly add those options, but Guide2XML also excludes deleted shows and does not have any option to bypass that. So, if you got the XML files for the shows with Guide2XML, then it wasn't skipping deleted shows that was the problem...

I think in your case it sounded like you had two guide snapshot files on the hard drive, which isn't supposed to happen. Maybe it was building the second one when something bad happened, so the first one was still there. Anyway, extract_rtv5 only uses the first guide snapshot file it finds, it doesn't look for more than one (unless you are using a -uds... option, which looks for all the deleted guide snapshot files), and I think in your case it found the "small" guide snapshot file first, so that's the one it used. Versus, that with Guide2XML you could choose which guide snapshot file to use, and that's why you could use the one that had the more complete set of shows information...

dvrdvr wrote:
Also It looked like dvarchive may not allow for bigger than 4 gig fige to be imported but it looks like if you copy them over to the target show directory you can play them if you already made .xml for them.

When you're finished with extracting all the shows and creating the XML files, you should not need to import any of the shows into DVArchive, as explained here and here. I don't know why DVArchive would have any kind of file size limitation, but you shouldn't need to import the shows in the first place, so it shouldn't be a problem...

Henry
dvrdvr
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,
The mpgs were not visable or any thing but the circular files in part2.
there was a small snapshot file with just the names of the catagorys? like all shows,movies, tvshows etc.
And the other bigger one that had all the names of my shows.
I did not delete anything myself but the machine locked up or rebooted and went to setup asking how big of photo part etc.
after it was done and I looked in the replay guide it was empty.
So I unplugged it and waited till I could use the utilities to extract the files.
Only the circulars showed up with extract_rtv or the explorer in part 2.
There was only the 2 files in the snapshot directory and they were not deleted.
I had intermittant trouble to copy the bigger snapshot file mabe while the drive was hot.
But I was able to copy it before I knew I needed it and before I went through and recovered all the deleted mpg ndx and evt files with entering the 150 or so inode numbers.
Before I had gotten the snapshot converted to xlm I tried to import about 3 mpgs into dvarchive from a sata 1.5 tb on a usb interface.
This turned out to be too slow with the usb 1.1 interface on the motherboard .
Also the 9 gig did not want to import into dvarchive even with several tries it would stop before done.
It did play after the xmls were combined into the mpg dir and setup as source dir for dvarchive.
I used the guide2xml with the snapshot that was not deleted but ignored by the replay box, but the .mpgs were deleted and one was overwritten by possibly the circular file as I was not able to find any inodes for the first .mpg.
There is a possibility I might have entered the wrong size for the photo partition but I thing that would have been at the end of the drive far away from where the inodes used for my mpgs.
It took a long time to go through the whole list of inode and write thim down and retype the numbers in after pressing f3 and backspace 150 some times to get them all recovered but it was still faster than recording them all again.
Since there seems to not be a FAT table with this file system there must be pointers in each cluster pionting to the next in the chain. that makes it easier to find deleted files because there would not be the FAT or dir being cleared as in DOS etc.
I used to play with partitions when changing drives between computers
with different bios drive sector translation and diferent numbers of sectors heads and cylinders etc. You would have to change numbers to let the bios find the boot sector after reading the partition table.
Now with all these big drive you need a new bios with the big lba support pertty much eliminating the wide variances of translation.
After I put the files all together for dvarchive it read them all into the listings but the one missing mpg. it showed up saying could not find that
.mpg because I could not recover it. It also said it could not find one of the xmls that I accidently dragged into a different folder when I moved the xmls that I imported mpgs with dvarchive since I wanted the better desc. that was in the snapshot than what I entered manually during the imports.

Thanks again.
Cy
scottl44
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
scottl44 wrote:

I think it was pretty clear that I was talking about using a command prompt, which is for Windows...

Anyway, I just tried it on my Mac, and it worked just fine for me, extracting the files into the directory that I was running from. However, I'm not running the latest version of the Mac OSX, so it's certainly possible that there's something different with the version you're running. You should probably do some searching to see...

scottl44 wrote:

I don't know how to answer this. You just asked me in the previous post about combining those commands, and I said that wouldn't work and pointed you to my instructions post which shows the appropriate individual command lines. So, I'm not sure what you're asking differently this time that I haven't already answered before...

Henry

Henry,

Sorry if I seemed like I was asking questions in circles.

No, it wasn't clear to me that the command prompt was windows only. I thought it was the same in mac terminal. Anyway since it wouldn't go to the same directory I was running it from, I just did it on my wife's xp machine and it worked fine.

What I was asking differently about the -dx command was you had mentioned -dsx and I was wondering if -dx could be added and get the result I wanted. Anyway I figured out how it all worked and got everything off the drive and into DVArchive.

But I really didn't need to since your golden tip of running 243 zones (option 2) twice worked and everything was fine with the drive and it's working fine.

So thanks so much for your expertise and all your patience with me! You are amazing!

Scott
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottl44 wrote:
What I was asking differently about the -dx command was you had mentioned -dsx and I was wondering if -dx could be added and get the result I wanted. Anyway I figured out how it all worked and got everything off the drive and into DVArchive.

If you look at the help screen by running extract_rtv5 with no options, the -dx option gets the show information the "old way", and the -dsx option gets the show information reading the guide snapshot file. If you read this entire thread, there is a post I made about the difference between the two, but I usually suggest using the -dsx option as being the better choice...

Henry
scottl44
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,

Great, thanks for clearing that up. I used the -dx and it worked fine as far as I could tell, even though I didn't need the extraction after all since you gave me the tip I needed to get past the error I had.

I learned a lot while doing this and thanks again for all your help!

Scott
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Version 84 Posted Reply with quote

Version 84 of extract_rtv5 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version adds to not abort restoring unlinked files (-ur) when a read error occurs. It also adds a -a option to look for all files (linked and unlinked) and a -ar option to look for and restore all files (linked and unlinked).

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Version 85 Posted Reply with quote

Version 85 of extract_rtv5 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version adds to not overwrite restoring unlinked files (-ur and -ar). It also adds a check when restoring unlinked FiledArray files that the size is correct.

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Version 86 Posted Reply with quote

Version 86 of extract_rtv5 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version adds checking all structures before outputting. This should help when going through deleted show information files which have been overwritten.

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Other Software of Interest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: