Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappearing DVA Desktop Shortcuts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sslund
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Disappearing DVA Desktop Shortcuts Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I'm reviving a thread I started about a month ago:
http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16908

It's happened again that my DVA Desktop shortcuts for my multiple instances of DVA have disappeared. The first time, I thought it was some weird computer glitch; now, I'm wondering if updating Java is the culprit, or if updating my graphics card driver is the cause? I'm pretty sure both happened around the time the desktop shortcuts disappeared the first time, too.

Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a way to prevent it from happening with future updates?

At various times in the past, my desktop shortcuts to my DVA instances would be "broken" after a Java update, but that was just a matter of editing the path to the "new" location of the Java update. A bit annoying, but problem.

However, having the desktop shortcuts disappear completely is a major PITA that takes time to recreate them, a process that involves digging out notes to remember what the different parameters were for each shortcut.

I'd like to avoid having to redo the whole thing over and over each time there's an update of whatever is causing this issue. <sigh>

Also, this might sound like a stupid question, but is it possible to backup my DVA desktop shortcuts, maybe to a folder in my Documents, so that if they disappear from my Desktop again, I can just copy those shortcuts back to my Desktop to have all my DVA instances functional again in seconds? I've not gotten the DVA shortcuts recreated yet to test myself, so I'm hoping someone might know.

TIA,
Saundra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: