Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motorola VIP1225 Uverse?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReplayTVok
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Motorola VIP1225 Uverse? Reply with quote

First, just in case you stop by, Henry, I have to thank you for your incredible posts and advice over the years. Long time lurker who has benefitted immensely from your generous sharing of your wisdom and experience.

ReplayTV 5040.

I have checked pretty thoroughly, I think, here and on AVS to see if there are any recent success stories with Uverse. I realized that there is a Uverse channel guide available, so if all I care about is commercial skip I can set both dvr's to record the same show and I think that will work.

It would be nice to be able to control the Uverse box from the ReplayTV to take advantage of the superior interface, though. I found the IR number for Motorola dvr's on the sheet that came with the Uverse remote and it says 3042. But from what I've read that may not work because of some difference in the way IR codes are handled?

My couple of attempts to use the flipflop image disc failed because it found no ReplayTv's on my network, even when I had the ReplayTV plugged directly into the mac on which I was running the boot disc. In any event, since I don't have a RID file with the correct IR code, it may not have made any difference.

Summary: Has anyone yet had success with ReplayTV box controlling a Motorola VIP1225, and does anyone know how to ascertain an IR code that will work?

my thanks to all who have contributed to this community.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of using flipflop's image disc is that you need to change the ReplayTV's DNS address to that of the computer running the image. I can't remember but you should double check flipflop's instructions...

You also should be able to use WiRNS to load IR Blaster codes. But, having a Mac, you will need to run Windows somehow, which shouldn't be too much trouble...

Henry
ReplayTVok
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
I think part of using flipflop's image disc is that you need to change the ReplayTV's DNS address to that of the computer

Henry

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, that's in the instructions. I don't get that far, though, because the boot disk which is supposed to "automatically detect (my) ReplayTV" says, no replayTv's on the network. I tried ethernet cabling both the macbook and the ReplayTV to my router thinking that there might be something in the wireless setup that was confusing it, but same result. Then when I change the DNS on the Replay, Replay can't find the network.

During the "Year of Uncertainty" I had WIRNs on my kid's netbook and used schedules direct as well. So maybe I can dig that out and try that route, assuming that I can locate a code that someone thinks might work.

I was hoping to use the boot disk since it seemed to have fewer places in the process for me to make an "operator error," but if I can't get it working, I'll try WIRNS.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like you're not getting the boot disc to operate properly. It might not be able to handle running on a Mac even though a modern Mac is farily compatible. For example, it might not be able to "find" the network interface to configure it, and that would explain a lot. I've never run the boot disc, but since it is Linux, you probably should be able to run a few Linux commands to see what's going on, like run a ping to see if you can access the network, or a netstat to see if the boot disc is "looking" for RTVs...

And, Yeah, I think the boot disc route will be pretty easy if you can get it to work. If you have a more Windows-like PC or laptop that you can try it on, you might have better luck. I don't know if any of those codes will work, but at least if you can get that to work it should provide an easy way to find out...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: