Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to turn off Scheduled tasks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: How to turn off Scheduled tasks Reply with quote

I can't find instructions on how to turn off, change or delete a scheduled task using DVArchive's "Schedule task to download Similar Show" feature.

I somehow set up a task to download the content of an entire replay (about 75 movies and shows!). I cancelled the downloads yesterday when I realized the error, but noticed that it started downloading them again this morning, so the task is still out there and will probably go off again tomorrow morning.

I'd like to be able to see all of my scheduled tasks so that I can change/delete them.

Nancy
krkaufman
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let's see if this helps (no guarantees!)...

To modify an existing task:
1) Open DVArchive (obviously)
2) Switch to the "Tasks" tab (just to the left of 'Messages' tab)
3) Select the task in question (single left-click on it to select)
4) Modify the task:
    4a) To DELETE the task: Simply click the "Remove Task..." button at the bottom of the 'Tasks' tab window, and confirm the removal. Done!

4b) To EDIT the task (e.g. toggle its state): Click the "Edit Task..." button at the bottom of the 'Tasks' tab window

You should now have the 'Edit Scheduled Task' dialog window open.

To toggle the enabled/disabled state of the task:
      1) Switch to the 'Basics' tab of the 'Edit Scheduled Task' dialog
      2) Click the box in front of 'Enabled' in the 'Task Control' (top) section of the 'Basics' tab
      3) Click the 'Save' button
You should now be back at the 'Tasks' tab of DVArchive, and should see the checkbox for the task in question either checked (enabled) or unchecked (disabled), or the task removed from the listing, if you opted to delete it.

---

Nice feature, Gerry; thanks. I'm frustrated whenever I am modifying port forwarding rules on a home router and the only way the firmware offers to toggle the on/off state for a given forwarding rule is to delete it.
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response! This is so obvious, yet I never noticed the "Tasks" tab. And, after 10+ years of using Replays and DVA I only recently became aware of this task setting feature, which is fantastic! I've routinely done manual downloads for various reasons, but never set up tasks.

The one task in question came about because I believe on Step #5 I chose to leave all fields blank to see what it would do. Little did I realize that it would lead to moving all the shows from the Replay designated in the beginning of the setup. I can't tell which task is causing this. I assume I had a show name in the field in Step #2, so I think I'll start over and delete all tasks and do this correctly.

I am wondering why some of my tasks say "Copy new shows from Channel XXX" and others say "Copy new episodes of XXX"? Is there a preferred method for filling in the fields in the setup steps? It seems pretty self explanatory, but I just want to make sure I get the same show moved whenever a new episode is recorded. When it says "new" episodes I'm assuming that it means a newly recorded show and would include a show even if it was a "repeat" recording?
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I set up some tasks by right clicking on the already recorded show and others by right clicking on the show listing under the replay name - hence the difference in "copy from Channel" vs. "copy new episodes".

Does it matter which way the task is set up?
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i like the latter option---d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: