Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to dial in in Boston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csniezek
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Unable to dial in in Boston Reply with quote

Is anyone else having trouble with the dialup connection in Boston? I'm seeing really long times to establish connections, and modems hanging up mid-update. I'm unable to get anything at all downloaded, which makes the Showstopper just good for pausing live TV.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check out the methods in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1424189/here-we-go-again-no-response-from-dial-up-servers. But, especially reading at the end of that thread ,http://www.avsforum.com/t/1424189/here-we-go-again-no-response-from-dial-up-servers/90#post_23836528, it looks like dial up is becoming quite problematic...

Henry
csniezek
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Among the information found in that thread, I found the method for slowing down the modem speed to improve stability in maintaining the connection. So now I've got the channel guide downloaded, but the clock is off. But that's progress, at least...
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting because getting the channel guide downloaded entails setting the clock. I think in that thread, or other threads, like the sticky at the top of this very forum, you can find how to make it so that you can manually set the clock. In addition. you can try connecting to LaHo following these instructions: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=81285#81285 specifically to get your clock set. But, if you're able to download channel guide, you really should be able to get your clock set...

Henry
MonteSPD
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Dial up problems Reply with quote

My dialing went through the clock set, etc then "Timed Out"
I tried a bunch of times then I tried to change the numbers and they All came up Busy.
I then tried to change the area code & number etc to reset, still same thing.

Anyone with any thoughts??
5532 Networked through a Belkin Wireless Bridge
4508 Networked Wired into a D-Link Router
2 PV-HS2000 Original units
Joey
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: new drive from Mikeyboy Reply with quote

Hi, I bought two extra HDD for my Replay Showstopper three years ago from Mikeyboy. I recently replaced a faulty drive with one, but it is incapable of dialing in through the phone line to get the local phone numbers during initial setup. I manually input through a phone the 800 590-4857 number, which seemed to work initially, but after some time where the Replay displays that it is syncing the clock and timezone, it then disconnects and says it had a network connect error. The website that says it will supply local numbers does not seem to be working. http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/replaytv/phonenumbers.asp Does anyone know any 212 numbers? Even 718 917 or 647 would work. I want to try manually inputting those instead of the 800 number. Someone on a thread indicated if the drive was formatted using ethernet that might lead to difficulties connecting to the 800 number through the phone line, which might be fixed by using the local number. Or Henry, do you have any other ideas for what to try?

Thank you!!!
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was able to dial in with a number i already had in a 4k rtv but there was no answer at the mothership on rtvs where the rtv had to dial in to get the number. however after making a couple of complete net connects the 4k that was working stopped. someone on avsforum wanted the number so i wanted to make sure it still worked first---d
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: new drive from Mikeyboy Reply with quote

Joey wrote:
Someone on a thread indicated if the drive was formatted using ethernet that might lead to difficulties connecting to the 800 number through the phone line, which might be fixed by using the local number. Or Henry, do you have any other ideas for what to try?

The Showstopper isn't capable of Ethernet, so you don't have to worry about that...

I would definitely try the phone number that Dan posted on AVSForum. There may be some other numbers posted there as well: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1424189/here-we-go-again-no-response-from-dial-up-servers and http://www.avsforum.com/t/1391649/replay-tv-not-connecting-to-server...

Henry
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way any area code in momouth and ocean county in new jersey will bring up the same bunch of phone numbers if u can successfully phone in for them. the only two that work for me at times are 732-751-4050 and 732-751-4002. ----d
Joey
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I couldn't get it to work last night and I'm headed out of town for a few weeks, but I'll try all the Jersey numbers when I get back. I don't actually have long distance service anymore, so I was trying with the old 5 digit codes. Couldn't get it, but I'll keep working on it next month. If you hear of any NYC numbers, I'd love to hear of em!!!
Or if anyone has suggestions of how to escape quick setup when the Replay is not happy connecting...

Thanks again.
inculturo
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also having dial up problems in Philadelphia. I tried the steps for the zip code trick from Robman on the sticky but it has not worked for me. I know it's been years since this was originally posted so it is possible things have changed and other problems with the dial up have surfaced. My Panasonic 2000 hasn't been able to connect for about two weeks after many years of working fine. The channel guide was empty but the channels where there and I was able to tune (IR blaster to some HDTV OTA box) for manual recording.

Of the steps at Robman's sticky w// zip code switch trick I'm not getting past 4. I'm getting network connection error every time while connecting to get local phone numbers and now my unit doesn't know how to tune to the different channels of the OTA box. The thing manages to connect to the server, sets the clock and the time zone but then I get a "modem disconnect" followed by the "network connection error" messages.

I tried toggle clock w 243 zones and the clock is set ok. I lowered the modem speed to 9600 but no difference. I never watched the connection steps before but every step seems to take very long. I tried unplugging and plugging the phone cable at both ends several times in case connectors are getting rusty, no change. I have DSL on the phone line and this Pana uses a filter that I think a good test would be to replace the filter just in case. I haven't had a chance to go to my attic and look for that box where I have bunch of new DSL filters. I'll post back any results if I get to try that. In the meantime any other suggestions are welcome.
jz
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: can't connect ss 2000 with twc in ohio Reply with quote

anyone else having problems connecting their ss? I have twc phone. I've tried slowing down my speed,clearing my channel guide, hard reset, forcing a connect...nothing. My clock says 1999. We've had a lot of ice/wind. I called twc. They replaced my cable, but said my phone line is fine. I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: