Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't copy shows from the PC DVArchive machine to ReplayTVs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
javelinmania
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Can't copy shows from the PC DVArchive machine to ReplayTVs Reply with quote

I have successfully imported a number of videos into the PC DVArchive. I want to then copy them to the other ReplayTVs. I haven't figured out a way. If I schedule a task to do the copy, it looks at all replays except for the PC. I can't drag the file to another replay. The replayTVs do not see the PC (Replay_PC). They do see another Replay - Replay_Home which I assume is from WIRNS. One additional note, both Replay_PC and Replay_Home do not have an ISN. Should they and how do I get them? All assistance will be appreciated. I have never tried to push a show from the PC - I have been able to receive shows.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't copy shows from the PC DVArchive machine to Replay Reply with quote

javelinmania wrote:
I have never tried to push a show from the PC - I have been able to receive shows.

Because it's not possible to push a show to the Replay. You can only send shows to the Replay. So, if you gave WiRNS access to the shows and gave WiRNS an ISN, then you could send shows from WiRNS to the Replay...

Additionally, if you allow DVArchive to run as a server, then you could play the shows on your PC from the Replay. Or, if you gave WiRNS access to the shows, then you could play the shows on the Replay...

Henry
javelinmania
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do I configure an ISN for the DVArchive PC DVR so that WIRNS can send the files? I don't see the menu to do this.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

javelinmania wrote:
So how do I configure an ISN for the DVArchive PC DVR so that WIRNS can send the files? I don't see the menu to do this.

You can't, DVArchive doesn't support show sending or receiving, only room-to-room show streaming...

What I said was that you could give WiRNS access to the shows and give WiRNS an ISN because WiRNS supports show sending and receiving in addition to room-to-toom show streaming...

I don't have any idea how you have your PCs setup for running DVArchive and WiRNS, but WiRNS can be configured for paths to Replay shows just like DVArchive. If you are running DVArchive and WiRNS on different PCs (which it sounds like from your description of having two host names), then you can either copy the shows from the DVArchive PC to the WiRNS PC (you can put them in the /WiRNS/Shows directory and they will be detected automatically), or you can make a share from the WiRNS PC to the DVArchive PC and add this share to the WiRNS paths. If you are running both DVArchive and WiRNS on the same PC, then simply add the path that the shows are stored to WiRNS...

Or, you can use either DVArchive or WiRNS to stream the shows to your Replay, and then you'd just watch them on the Replay without moving them at all...

Henry
javelinmania
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making progress and seeing some success. First I decided to make sure that there were no IP conflicts. Everything runs on my PC at IP "106". I moved WIRNS to "107" and DVARchive to "108". From another PC, I can see WIRNS URL on IP "107".

So I copied all of the files from the DVArchive show directory to the Wirns show directory (I hadn't completely digested your comment that WIRNS could use the same directory as DVARCHIVE).

Now within WIRNS, I see the shows that a REPLAYTV had recorded. I do not see any of the shows that DVARCHIVE Imported. I took one of the XLM files from a ReplayTV recorded show and updated it with information from an imported show and now WIRNS sees that show. So it looks like I need to update all of the XLM files for the imported shows. Hopefully I can figure out what the difference is.

My other ReplayTVs see the WIRNS ReplayTV, but see no shows.

Two Questions:
How do I get an ISN for the WIRNS ReplayTV? I made one up.
How do I get the other ReplayTVs to see the shows on the Wirns ReplayTV?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now that you have explained that you are running both DVArchive on WiRNS on a single computer, and that you have taken care of the IP conflicts, you should be able to run both DVArchive and WiRNS as servers and be able to see both from your Replays. For DVArchive, it shouldn't take anything more than making sure that the Server indicator on the bottom right-hand corner is green. If it's not green, go into the Properties tab Server, where you probably adjusted the the IP address to 108, and make sure that the "Automatically start server?" box is checked. Or, if you don't want it starting as a server all the time, then in the File menu, simply select "Start DVArchive Server". If you're still having problems, check the messages to see what's going wrong...

I assume you already have WiRNS configured as a server, but just in case, it's in the Configuration->WiRNS page, check mark the UPNP Server box. You also configure on this page the name you want the WiRNS Replay to have. To get WiRNS self configured with an ISN, pick the IVS port number that you want WiRNS to use (similar to the port numbers that you use for IVS on your Replays, but it needs to be unique) and enter that into the Secondary Web Port on that same page. It will then warn you that the WiRNS server needs to be restarted for that change to take effect. You can then select Administration->Restart WiRNS Server or you can restart WiRNS itself by restarting the service (I assume you are running WiRNS as a service, otherwise you can use the Administration->Restart WiRNS). Once WiRNS is running with a secondary port number, then go into Configuration->Replays and delete your WiRNS Replay. Then, press the Scan For Replays button, and it will re-add the WiRNS Replay with an ISN. Then, under configuration->IVS, if you aren't using WiRNS for your Replay's DNS, you need to check mark Update RDDNS with local ISN so that your Replays will be able to use IVS with WiRNS...

To get WiRNS to "see" your DVArchive imported shows, in Configuration->WiRNS Show Paths you want to add the paths to your DVArchive imported shows, which you can find in DVArchive Properties tab Storage under Local Guide Paths. Then WiRNS will "see" your DVArchive imported shows and you won't need to be storing them in both places. If you want to continue to copy the shows, then you need to copy all FOUR files per show into the WiRNS/Shows directory. There will be a .mpg file, a .ndx file, a .evt file, and a .xml file. You need to be sure and copy all four files for every show you want WiRNS to publish. Then, if you want to "see" those shows on your Replays, you need to go into Configuration->WiRNS Show Paths and check mark the Guide box column under each Replay that you want to "see" those shows and for each path that contains the shows you want them to "see". But, you need to be sure and check mark the Guide box column for the WiRNS Replay for each path. Then, go into the WiRNS ReplayGuide and see if all the shows are present. You may need to click the Refresh button at the top of the WiRNS Replay and make sure all the shows are displayed there. Then you can double check your Replays if they can "see" the shows from the WiRNS Replay...

And, once you have that all setup, then you can use the WiRNS ReplayGuide to send the shows from WiRNS to your Replays. I believe from your previous posts that you are using WiRNS as the DNS server for your Replays, and I hope that you've updated their DNS address from 106 to 107. This will allow your local show sends to go very fast because they'll use your local area network. In addition, if you are using WiRNS as your Replay's DNS server, then you don't need to check mark Update RDDNS with local ISN in Configuration->IVS unless you want to be able to send or receive shows from remote Replays to/from WiRNS...

Henry
javelinmania
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed response.

I have WIRNS working correctly and my other ReplayTVs can now see all of the shows and can play them.

The DVArchive ReplayTV still does not show up in the list of available Replays on my 5040/5060/5080 units - but that is OK. I am using the same directory for both DVArchive and WIRNS - so I am covered. I really use DVArchive for imports and exports - so it is not very often. I just happen to import 35 videos which is why I am using it.

Now I just need to figure out why the DVArchive Import creates an XML file that is not compatible with WIRNS. But modifying each one is not that big of a deal. Once I figure out what needs to be tweaked, then this is an easy task.

Thanks for all your help.

Mark Fox
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

javelinmania wrote:
The DVArchive ReplayTV still does not show up in the list of available Replays on my 5040/5060/5080 units - but that is OK. I am using the same directory for both DVArchive and WIRNS - so I am covered. I really use DVArchive for imports and exports - so it is not very often. I just happen to import 35 videos which is why I am using it.

Now I just need to figure out why the DVArchive Import creates an XML file that is not compatible with WIRNS. But modifying each one is not that big of a deal. Once I figure out what needs to be tweaked, then this is an easy task.

Between both things, I'm wondering if you're setting the MPEG type incorrectly? When you're editing the XML file, are you fixing it to MEDIA_TYPE="MPEG_RTV50" because it says either MPEG_RTV43 or MPEG_RTV45? If not, what are you "tweaking" each time? And, by the way, WiRNS can edit the XML file, as can DVArchive. In DVArchive, you can go into Show Properties and that will bring up the XML contents for you to edit either the Basic properties or the Advanced properties. In WiRNS, in the ReplayGuide, you can click the Edit button on the local shows to edit the XML properties...

Anyway, I'm thinking that your MPEG type is set incorrectly, which defines the communications that both DVArchive and WiRNS use. MPEG_RTV50 is for a 5000 running 5.0 firmware. Remember I told you that you could not network your original 5040 that was running firmware 4.5? So, if you have the MPEG type set to either RTV45 or RTV43, then that would be the incorrect version for networking with your 5Ks running 5.0. And, that's why they wouldn't "see" the DVArchive shows, and why WiRNS also wouldn't "like" them (WiRNS uses the WiRNS RTV model number to decide what version it supports)...

So, assuming I'm correct and it's the MPEG version that's the problem, then you'll want to find out how to change that setting so that importing comes out MPEG_RTV50...

And, I have to wonder, why are you importing shows into DVArchive if they aren't available to your Replays? DVArchive's import function doesn't really do anything except move the file into a DVA directory storage and create a basic XML file. The purpose being only to be able to stream the shows to Replays, nothing more. I does not change the video files in any way and does not actually do anything of an "import" nature that one might normally think of...

Henry
javelinmania
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know what was wrong with the XML, so I took one that worked and then copied 6 or 7 fields from each XML into it and saved it under the new name. After reading your posting, I took one and simply changed the "RTV45" to "RTV50" and saved it and it works. So that is all that needed to be changed.

Now that I know that once I run a video file thru DVCONVERT, all I have to do is to move the files to the proper directory in WIRNS and I'm done (after fixing the "RTV45"). That's a lot easier. Maybe there's a newer version of dvconvert that creates a RTV50 xml file.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using DVArchive just to create the XML file, then I don't think there's any other way. If you search the DVArchive forum about this, it looks like after importing the show you simply need to go into the Show Properties and edit the Advanced properties changing the Media Type from "ReplayTV V4.5 MPEG" to "ReplayTV V5.0 MPEG". In addition, when you import, if you click the Delete Import Files After Import Complete check box, then the import should go very fast, simply moving the files instead of copying them, and simply creating the XML file for you. You can also read the DVArchive Forum for suggestions on getting video files into ReplayTV files. However, WiRNS will not use the video file if it doesn't have an XML file, and WiRNS will not create an XML file for you. I think there are suggestions of making a basic XML file and copying that for vidoes that you create, and then use WiRNS' Edit button to edit the show properties as you like. But, there may be betters ways to do this searching both the DVArchive forum and this forum...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: