Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The DVArchive Forum Is *LOCKED*!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: The DVArchive Forum Is *LOCKED*!!! Reply with quote

Portions of a PM that I just sent to Gerry Duprey on the DVArchive Forum:
Quote:
I try to log onto the DVArchive Forum daily to answer any new questions that may appear. Sadly, none have appeared in months! Today, when I attempted to create a new thread / poll, I discovered that the forum was LOCKED...

I'd like to ask why?...

...sadly, the older I get, the less I remember . REGARDLESS, I *LOVE* DVArchive . *PLEASE* post / inform / E-Mail someone as to your intentions so that they may be offered the opportunity to continue / copy your site as the WiRNS Team did with the Twiki and ReplayTVUpgrade site. IIRC, 2 adamant, devoted ReplayTV supporters (Todd Larason / The ReplayTV Twiki and Gary) have died and the WiRNS Team has taken over their sites.

I realize that no one can stop progress (HDTV vs Analog). But, you have created an EXCELLENT application in DVArchive and I would like to continue using AND supporting it as long as possible, along with Poopli.

Thanks for listening and I hope to hear a reply.

Best Regards...

I may have missed the LOCKED icon previously, but I DEFINITELY noticed it today!

IMHO, it appears that the DVArchive Forum is "going away".

DVArchive, WiRNS, and Poopli have benefited *MANY* of us during the past decade. And, while, IMHO, the majority of us have also migrated to HDTV, ReplayTV still holds a 'Dear Spot' in our hearts.

Does anyone (i.e. ReplayLurker) have any further information? confused

Thanks!
JUMPFLY
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: forum was locked Reply with quote

I love DVA also!

Interestingly, I have two separate locations of Replayís and would use DVA on different computers to transfer programs to watch. None of the Replayís can see the programs on the computers but the computerís can see the Replay programs and down load them. Could this be related? In other words is DVA dying??
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: forum was locked Reply with quote

JUMPFLY wrote:

None of the Replayís can see the programs on the computers but the computerís can see the Replay programs and down load them. Could this be related?
u should be able to stream both ways---make sure the server indicator is turned on its at the bottom right corner. if u have wirns u need to turn that off or run a second ip address on ur computer to use them both on port 80. so no theyre not related---d
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi --i tried to register on dva forum a few years ago but was unable to pending approval that never came---d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: