Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVArchive and Windows 7: I cannot get it to start.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: DVArchive and Windows 7: I cannot get it to start. Reply with quote

I was quite grateful for the helpful advice I was given here the other day.

Perhaps you can help with another problem.

I was happily using my DVArchive on my old computer. I have been shifting my flag to something newer, 64-bit, running Windows 7.

I cannot now for the life of me figure out how to start DVArchive.

I looked around here, investigated something about WinDVA2 (which I didn't really understand very well), but didn't see anything that addressed my problem.

Is there some entry here which walks you through the basics of using DVA with Windows 7? I am at a loss.

Cordial thanks again for the help a few days back. You resolved that problem for me.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi--you have to make sure you install 32 and 64 bit java, the latest is v7 u5. one of the last updates of version 6 did not work at all for me and i learned that when the the v7s came out so aviod them.---d
jtz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I can have 32 bit java on the same machine. Say I downloaded and installed 32bit Java in a directory such as

c://java/32/

What then would my command line be to open DVA?
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u go to java.com itll tell u that both 32 and 64 bit are req on a 64 bit machine. im no expert and i just followed theyre instructions. they automatically installed where they needed for me. just make sure the 32 bit goes in the x86 program files directory and the other in the program files directory. i tried just the 64 bit it did not work, i tried just 32 it didnt work. i installed both and yeah it worked.---d
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres my 32 bit path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Java, heres my 64 bit path:C:\Program Files\Java. both are followed by the letters jre7 which is the version of java they are and its the latest.---d
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry, to answer ur last question i dont know squat about cmd limes. to open dva the way its website says, i think, or i did it on my own and dont recall. i installed dva in the 32 bit directoy as such:C:\Program Files (x86)\dvarchive-V32. then opened the file, then right clicked on where it says executable jar file and clicked on send to desktop(create shortcut). now i had or u will have the desktop shortcut to open dva with and to adjust ur ram. open it first to make sure dva works and then close and adjust ur ram by right clicking on the dva icon and selecting properties . dvarchive.org faqs page will show how to adjust the ram and when u do that the desktop icon will turn to full size and no longer look like a file.----d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: