Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Channel Guide Disappeared - Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
replayquint
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Channel Guide Disappeared - Options Reply with quote

I have been using (IIRC) Insight Digital Rebuild F and the Antenna/CATV port. Well, it disappeared from the choices last weekend (Sunday?) and I have no guide anymore. I've waited a few days, still nothing.

I checked Zap2it and they have a listing of "Insight Communications - Device D (43229)" which is mostly correct, but has a couple wrong channels.

I tried entering different nearby zip codes into my Replay Showstopper 2000 and get pretty much the same choices for all of them, and none of the guides are even close to the correct channels.

I tried calling the number on the Showstopper setup screen, 800-933-5899, for "other" which was apparently, at one time, a phone number for Replay, but instead asked me to hit 'one' to confirm, then I got a text from my cell company that said a premium text was blocked. !!!!!??????? Did some scammer scoop up the number? Then I called the number from Gmail and got "Assist 123" some directory assistance thing.

So ..............

Any idea what's going on here? Why did Rebuild F go away?

Should I just wait a few more days?

Is there any place to call, or email, to report this?

Should I start the search for a WIRNS provider (or however that works)?

I don't want to rent a cable box, which (I don't know) might or might not fix it. What do you think? would a cable box get me back to 'working', or would it be the same problem? I don't want to pay another $5/month.

Right now, I guess my only option is to manually go to Zap2it and find show times, then make sure the channel is correct, then do manual recording.

This sucks!

I'm guessing that Replay took a lot of flack for proposing to kill the channel guide back in July(?), so they decided to keep it going for a while and just kill it off slowly. But I could be way off.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much whatever Zap2It shows is what you will get from ReplayTV. If there's a problem with your lineup choices, then you can contact ReplayTV support (which is a long distance phone number), you can contact Zap2It to report a lineup problem, and you can contact your video provider to let them know that there is a problem with their lineup information being fed to Zap2It...

And, by the way, since you have more information in this post than your LaHo post, since both ReplayTV, Zap2It, and LaHo use Tribune Media Services for their channel guide data, whatever you see in the Zap2It lineup is pretty much what you're going to see for a LaHo lineup, just as it is also likely what you're going to see for your ReplayTV lineup...

Henry
replayquint
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ha, I see, many thanks
replayquint
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Insight F' just showed up ... so they must be working on it? ... To leave us in the lurch for 5 days is rude.

Insight F is close, but has around 5 incorrect channels. I hope 'Digital Rebuild' comes back too. That one had all the correct channels. That was the one I was using.

Actually, now that it's been on my mind for a few days, I think this happened before, like around 2004. An accurate channel guide just disappeared, then showed up a week later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: