Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HS1000 Original dialup only Panasonic Replayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PapaSmurf14612
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: HS1000 Original dialup only Panasonic Replayer Reply with quote

I am giving up unless someone has a workaround. This unit is wonderful to me - I love it, despite its obvious flaws, most egregious is the tuner has a low threshold of detection and goes to no signal sometimes when there is adequate signal on the line. It has no Ethernet port - it can only use dialup to download the video guide. This also has its flaws, but has been functioning since December 1999 when we bought it. Now all I see are network - Windows based video guide systems coming and nothing about the 1000 replayer. So - I have Time Warner coming over tomorrow to discuss the Cisco box. Sigh - that really pains me as I have to give up Dishnetwork now. Also - the Panasonic quick skip feature (on my remote I can enter "100 [quick skip forward] and it takes me one hour forward in the program immediately no hesitation whatever. What's not to love - I can avoid any television commercial and navigate anywhere within a recorded show as long as I know where I am and where I need to be in time - with no hesitation at all. I will miss it and I assume that the advertising community has had there way with us who refuse to watch their ads. This will force me to use other means to view shows I like - or even read more I suppose. It is a great example of how a good product gets snuffed out by incessant marketing ploys. I'm sorry if I sound so cynical - and discouraged. I see no hope or solution for the box other that use it as a VCR, which is not very useful.

Regards.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the survey topic about having a pay service to keep your unit working? And, have you read the FreeSCO topic about building your own free support for your Pany?

Henry
PapaSmurf14612
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdoniz: I have spent some time drilling though various topics on this, but having said that, do not recognize the option of any pay service except the one that will cost about $12 a month and still only accommodate the internet enabled devices - I have replied to their survey that my HS1000 would become a doorstop at that point. I will look into FreeSCO and "Pany" whatever they mean? Thanks for the pointers
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaSmurf14612 wrote:
hdoniz: I have spent some time drilling though various topics on this, but having said that, do not recognize the option of any pay service except the one that will cost about $12 a month and still only accommodate the internet enabled devices - I have replied to their survey that my HS1000 would become a doorstop at that point. I will look into FreeSCO and "Pany" whatever they mean? Thanks for the pointers

Uh, my user name is "hdonzis"...

The survey at $12 was specifically to accomdate dial-up units! It's only $7 for "Internet enabled devices". And, those are only projected prices for the purpose of the survey, before it was even known if people would expect toll free numbers (which was included in that price projection)...

As a Panasonic owner, I assumed you would know that "Pany" stands for Panasonic...

Henry
engfant
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people really need toll free numbers these days?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

engfant wrote:
Do people really need toll free numbers these days?

It wasn't known, hence the point of the survey...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: