Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming video to VLC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thajaguar209
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Streaming video to VLC Reply with quote

When I want to stream a show to my mac i click play show and nothing happens.

Then I looked in the log and it says streaming program can not execute. I use VLC client to stream.

About 3 monts ago i was able to stream fine. But now I think the problem is locating the streaming program (which would be VLC).

Before it had a long path address something like: application/vlc/rm/dj ( thats just and example). Now when i want to select VLC from preferences in DV Archive the address is now: Application/VLC or something like that. Really simplified.

How do i get VLC to stream again.

Thanks.
gduprey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure of the syntax on the mac, but the long version (or a variation of that) is what you need. The Mac exposes applications as Application/VLC, but that is just a directory in which there are a bunch of other files, one of which is the app itself.

I'd suggest checking over at MacReplayTV forums -- someone there has likely run into this before and can help out.
dresified
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: ok i figured it out Reply with quote

just paste this into your DVA prefs

/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC

there you have it enjoy your streaming
djsprat
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: VLC Streaming problem Reply with quote

I am using Snow Leopard and VLC 1.1.3. The videos from DVArchive don't play or stream. I can only open them by opening VLC and then opening the files manually. Any thougts or suggestions? I have also been trying to use PLEX or XBMC to stream videos, but I have had no success. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: