Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any hack to make IVSm download more than one show at once?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcornwell
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Any hack to make IVSm download more than one show at once? Reply with quote

I think we all know the Replay folks got it backwards with only allowing one receive at a time, but letting one send 20 shows at once.

I'm not sure why Henry made IVSmagic follow those rule, but for those with 10 megabits of download speed, it seems like a PCs CPU/Disk should be able to download 10+ shows at once. Is there any hack to let IVSmagic do this?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Any hack to make IVSm download more than one show at onc Reply with quote

mcornwell wrote:
I think we all know the Replay folks got it backwards with only allowing one receive at a time, but letting one send 20 shows at once.

I guess you can think whatever you want and I don't know what everyone else thinks, but the Replay works just like any normal download device. Downloads are one at a time with the server bearing the brunt of all the downloads at once. This is the same as any webserver, FTP server, etc...

mcornwell wrote:
I'm not sure why Henry made IVSmagic follow those rule, but for those with 10 megabits of download speed, it seems like a PCs CPU/Disk should be able to download 10+ shows at once. Is there any hack to let IVSmagic do this?

I didn't have anything to do with IVSmagic, so please don't be putting this on me...

Henry
mcornwell
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I was thinking of Hairston, not you Henry.
nded
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think WiRNS already does this (multiple simultaneous downloads). However, the source code for IVSmagic is available, so there's nothing to stop somebody from digging in - do you have such skills mcornwell?
jlv
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having looked at the source for IVSm recently, it looks like it wouldn't be too difficulr for it to handle more than one download at a time. The 'downloader.php' script is started whenever there are downloads queued, and it processes one download from the DownloadQueueDB db table. It looks like a small amount of down would allow it to start more than one instance of downloader.php at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: