Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarification on download vs receive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwheeler
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Clarification on download vs receive Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm a noob to IVSmagic and I was wondering what is the purpose of and difference between the download and receive features in the progress section.

The receive section seems pretty self explanatory as it shows me the status of all shows being received by my Replay units. But what is the purpose of the download section? So I'm confused as to how exactly is download different than receive?

I originally thought that clicking download would initiate the process of receiving a show to one of my replays, but when I tried to do that , it didn't work. I ended up having to physically go to the guide of my replay unit to "accept" and initiate a transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Don
fbreshears
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Clarification on download vs receive Reply with quote

dwheeler wrote:
Hi,

I'm a noob to IVSmagic and I was wondering what is the purpose of and difference between the download and receive features in the progress section.

The receive section seems pretty self explanatory as it shows me the status of all shows being received by my Replay units. But what is the purpose of the download section? So I'm confused as to how exactly is download different than receive?

I originally thought that clicking download would initiate the process of receiving a show to one of my replays, but when I tried to do that , it didn't work. I ended up having to physically go to the guide of my replay unit to "accept" and initiate a transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Don

Receive is for IVS transfers over the internet and Download is for transfers from your local replays to your local storage.

Last edited by fbreshears on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
nded
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purpose of "download" is to receive the show directly to local HDD storage on your IVSmagic server - the show file never is stored on the Replay. I have my download function setup to save shows into my DVArchive server storage.
krkaufman
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Clarification on download vs receive Reply with quote

Quote:
Receive is for IVS transfers over the internet and Download is for transfers from your local replays to your local storage.

Not exactly accurate.

"Receives" are shows being transferred to your ReplayTV units, while "Downloads" are shows being transferred to your IVSmagic instance (which can be local downloads off of your own Replays or IVS transfers to the IVSmagic "Virtual Replay", if enabled).
dwheeler
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thanks to all who responded.

IVSmagic has been working out great for me so far!

-d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: