Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ReplayTV Personal Edition HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV PC Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmbracalente
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: ReplayTV Personal Edition HD Reply with quote

Was anyone here involved with the beta for this product? Any idea how likely they are to hit the November 07 launch date?

I wish it could run on a Mac, but otherwise might be just what I'm looking for, assuming it's not some crippled product like ReplayPC was...
rmbracalente
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind...just found the press release & it says it only does OTA HD

I guess I should've known better than get my hopes up... disgusted
jleavens
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the OTA is based on working with tuners as opposed to controlling other tuners.

Here's the link to Amazon:

ReplayTV Personal HD
TheDreamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTA HDTV is ATSC. No mention of doing clear QAM, so I don't think it directly does cable HDTV.

I would like to have something cable HDTV.....and not the cable company's DVR. Though I may have to break down and cross over to Tivo

The Dreamer
slowbiscuit
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a smart guy - if you only want the HD locals with QAM, build a Myth box. Otherwise I agree, you're pretty much stuck with the TivoHD if you want all the cable HD channels that you're paying for (and no, an overpriced OEM Vista CableCard PC does not count - when they get real on pricing, maybe).

Some folks have bought old S1/S2 lifetime units and then added the TivoHD to their account for the $6.95/mo. second unit price. Amazon has the HD on sale right now for $254 shipped, not too bad.
na9d

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, being able to record HD channels on your PC for only $99 and have the file format be compatible with iPod and AppleTV is a compelling proposition. I am seriously thinking about getting one of these. Would have been nice if they came out with a cable card compatible version. The new TiVO HD is the most compelling HD solution for sure. I've been bantering that idea around in my head. I'm just too deeply investing in Replays!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV PC Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: