Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After RTVConvert, Audio NOT in Sync

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jandkschneider
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: After RTVConvert, Audio NOT in Sync Reply with quote

I've been running a show through the RTV Tools and after the RTVConvert is complete, there is a slight audio sync issue. The audio leads by a few milliseconds, just enough to be noticeable. I though these tools were supposed to "sync" up the audio. The file is a High quality file, is that a possible reason? It is also an hour long show recorded on a upgraded 5040 and downloaded with DVA. Thanks for any help.
geobrick
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: After RTVConvert, Audio NOT in Sync Reply with quote

jandkschneider wrote:
there is a slight audio sync issue. The audio leads by a few milliseconds, just enough to be noticeable.

I get this too. I edit my home videos and export the edited version to MPEG (using vegas or premiere-pro's mainconcept encoder). The MPEG settings meet all the replayTV format requirements. When I play that MPEG file with any media player everthing is perfectly in sync.

But after running it through rtvconvert the resulting mpeg suffers from the sync issue you described. The audio leads the video by a few frames. It's just enough to be annoying.

This is not the typical sync issue defined in these forums. In this case it is out of sync by a small fixed amount from the beginning to the end. It does not gradually get worse with the length of the file.

The only solution I can think of is to delay the audio by a small amount when editing so that when it goes through rtvconvert, everything syncs up.

Is there any other tool besides rtvconvert for prepairing mpegs to stream back to a ReplayTV?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Replay 5K Tools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: