Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems, problems, and oh yeah, more problems.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmduke7
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Problems, problems, and oh yeah, more problems. Reply with quote

I am running IVAMagic 1.0 final release and have 1 ReplayTV unit (5060) and DVArchive. I have everything set up correctly to the best of my knowledge but absolutely nothing works. Under the status screen it reads as follows.....

application status = ok
show send status = ok
local guide send status = ok
loopback send status = ok
web port browser interface is bound to 10.0.1.8 port 8080
show send proxy server is bound to 10.0.1.8 port 9940
backup rddns servers are ENABLED (using backup.rddns.cc)
update of backup rddns servers is ENABLED (using backup.rddns.cc)
time offset is set to 2 secs
vacation mode is OFF
virtual replay is ENABLED
scheduler is NOT RUNNING
updater is RUNNING (downloading 51 updates)
show sends are in progress (2 total, 0 active)

I can send updates to poopli and people can see and request my shows from both ReplayTV and my Virtual Replay. The only thing that works is the Replay. I can send a show from the RTV unit and not through IVSm. I have dissabled all firewalls opened ports on the router for the RTV unit and even opened all the windows and doors in this house, but still no worky. The thing that is most puzzling is that the Poopli Dowloader works perfect, but I preffer IVSm. I also can do a test on (rddns) my RTV and it comes back....

successfully contacted replay. isn: 00004-54832-11500 ip: 72.213.xxx.xx port: 9940 nickname: jmduke7

When I do one on the Virtual Replay it reads.....

could not contact remote replay, but rddns lookup succeeded. isn: 00004-84609-35369 ip: 72.213.xxx.xx port: 8080

I have removed and reinstalled this software a million times, I have tried it in different browsers IE and Mozilla.

One thing I forgot to mention is, that I can send the show to someone that has requested it and they can accept it but it will always end with "experiencing network problems, Please check your internet connection".

Since my whole wireless network consist of apple products, could it be possible that my problem lies in the addressing my router uses (10.0.1.0)?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
jmduke7
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Well I got it to work, slightly. I changed all of the addressing from the default apple addressing of my router and access points (10.0.1.1) to the more formal and predominate (192.168.1.1). Apparently IVSm is a little picky about this.

About what works... Well, I can now send shows and update show list to poopli from my RTV through IVSm. However, i can not completely send a show from my VRTV off of my PC. I can however, update the show list to poopli from my VRTV and send a show to someone and they can accept it, but, it will still not actually transfer the movie. I t will still give an error such as this: "Experiencing network problems. Please check your internet connection". If I do a RDDNS lookup it will give me the error: "could not contact remote replay, but rddns lookup succeeded. isn: 00004-84609-35369 ip: 72.213.xxx.xx port: 8080". Is there something that I am missing here? Has anyone encountered this problem before and resolved it? I have so many shows archived on my Mac and PC (I know IVSM won't work on the Mac, but I can transfer the shows to DVA on the PC) that I would love to share, but, until I can get this working or the loopback send working, I won't be able to.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
xivaro
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The port that you use for IVS on your virtural ReplayTV on your PC should not be 8080. 8080 is the port that Apache uses to serve up the web pages for IVSm. As a general rule, it is safer to use port numbers above 10000 for things such as IVS, BitTorrent clients, etc.

Try switching the port for IVSm from 8080 to 18080 (or even 9941 so that it is a neighbor of the ReplayTV port and thus easier to remember).

In your router, if you opened port 8080, or set it up to forward to your computer, CLOSE IT RIGHT NOW. It is a well-known port that hackers like to attack and do abusive things to.

Don't forget to forward the new port that you assign to IVSm.

Here is an example of my status page:

web port browser interface is bound to 192.168.2.2 port 8080
show send proxy server is bound to 192.168.2.2 ports 12160, 12161
wan address is currently 24.199.xxx.xxx
backup rddns servers are DISABLED
update of backup rddns servers is DISABLED
time offset is set to 22 secs
vacation mode is OFF
virtual replay is ENABLED
scheduler is RUNNING (3 hrs 43 mins until next update)
show sends are in progress (4 total, 1 active)
show receives are in progress (5 total, 0 active)

Both 12160 and 12161 are forwarded to my computer's IP address in my router.

You will also have to alter the IVSm.ini file (located in C:\Program Files\IVSmagic\). There is a line there:

; IVSm Proxy Port

Below that line, I have:

proxy_port=12160,12161

You need to put the two ports you have chosen for the ReplayTV and the virtual ReplayTV.

Let me know if this helps.

x

Last edited by xivaro on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
eclectic
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmduke7 wrote:
OK. Well I got it to work, slightly. I changed all of the addressing from the default apple addressing of my router and access points (10.0.1.1) to the more formal and predominate (192.168.1.1). Apparently IVSm is a little picky about this.

Well, you probably could have gotten the 10. to work. I suspect one of your subnet masks was wrong (the 255.255.... part) and while some systems just don't care, others do.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with using the 192.168 network now that you've already changed everything.

It really does sound like some missing port forwarding in your router but I'm no apple expert either.

• A few years ago my watch died, as a result I find I now care a lot less about what time it is.
jmduke7
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how stupid one can get with little sleep and allot of frustration.

My error was I did not put a comma between the two ports I assigned for the IVS (duh! I feel like an idiot).

The other thing I did was after uninstalling, reinstalling and so forth, I would only do a restart rather than a complete shutdown. I don't know why, but this made a difference weather IVSm would work or not. I had to do a complete shutdown and then a reboot. Oh well....

Thanks to you guys, I got it working!

Thanks a bunch!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: