Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Request: Search Function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
na9d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Feature Request: Search Function Reply with quote

Hey Bob,

Not sure if you have this up your sleeve for a future release, but it would be nice to have a global search function in IVSM. Someone say requests a Law and Order show on Poopli. I have L&O scattered across all my Replays and some on DVArchive. So I have to search 4 storage locations. Would be nice to be able to put in the show title and have it search all the Replay guide files for the show...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea I suggest the same for wirns and will copy it to that forum
na9d

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in WiRNS you kinda have that capability already. WiRNS shows all the shows on all the Replay Guides on one page. You can then use the browser's search function to find what you want. I asked for a search feature in WiRNS probably 6 to 8 months ago and Glenn suggested using the browser. I do that and it works fine...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this is wirns and responded to it there and glenn did offer the search advise. But that still is a hassle if you have a bunch of replays. It would be nice if it worked like the show search function.

Anyway, it would also be great if Bob can put it in ivsm finger
Hairston
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has actually been on my list for a while but I would like to get some core functionality solidated first (like 4000 support and multiple downloads) before I start working on the misc stuff.

Good stuff ahead!

- Bob
L8er's ReplayTV Upgrade
choliscott
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another idea might be to have, in addition to the replay's & the local guide listed on the top left of the index page, that you might have something that says "All Units" & here would have the combined listing off all shows on all the replays, virtual replays, etc that you could send, move D.L, etc. On the listing next to the show you could have it say on what replay its actually on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: