Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"burned out" looking for help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newfilter
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: "burned out" looking for help Reply with quote

I have been trying all day to burn some half hour RPTV segments to a single DVD. I use DVArchive and stream the files from my 5500, no problem. I figured out how to use ReVue and I edited out all of the unwanted commercial type stuff. With the help of RTV tools I created new videos and then added the _cut to the filename and ran these through RTV Convert; I got a success bubble when that was complete. I took the four converted segments and attempted to author a DVD movie with Nero Vision 6 but just a few minutes into the burning process I get an error, that is whether I attempt to burn to DVD or Disc Image. I know that I have plenty of machine power to do these tasks. Can anyone help me either figure out what is happening or tell me exactly how to accomplish this task. I was hoping to do this without spending any CA$H on software applications, I don't own Ulead Movie Studio, I have read the forums endlessly and it seems that a lot of folks are using that.

Could it be that the segments are recorded in HIGH quality??

Any help would be appreciated.
Best, newfilter
xivaro
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: "burned out" looking for help Reply with quote

newfilter wrote:
Could it be that the segments are recorded in HIGH quality??

Yes. I'm not an expert, but from what I've read, the bitrate of ReplayTV shows recorded in high quality is too high for the DVD spec. Record shows only in medium quality.
na9d

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xivaro is correct. You'll need to convert the shows to a lower bitrate before you can burn them to DVD. The High Quality setting is higher than a DVD. Medium quality is about the same.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> reVue All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: