Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone can go Replay > DVD... when will opposite be true?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
superchuckels
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: anyone can go Replay > DVD... when will opposite be true? Reply with quote

it's all to easy to burn a dvd from a replay mpg file..... when is it going to be easier (ok, how about possible i guess) to convert .vob's to replay 5k compatible mpg's? & for those who would say, "umm, play the dvd & record it on your replay" -- that would be great, except then why would i need it on my replay, since i would have just watched it? i know there are others like me, who would like to just be able to grab the files off the dvd, & convert them, & then stream to the replaytv. i realize that the tools out already are pretty cool, but i'm surprised someone hasn't made one that will do the convert from dvd to replay 5k compatible mpg (and in a single command line or gui, not something that reminds me of the old days of dos & trying to remember all the -s +r /a (file.aah!) ~ pi / birthday stuff after i type the command....... is it really that much to ask to be able to type "convertfile.exe filein.vob fileout.mpg" --- & that's all.... no cryptic commands or scripts or other headaches? -- sorry... i just had to blurt that out )
superchuckels
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i found the answer on another site

http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/426/Play_Your_PCs_Video_Files_on_ReplayTV.html?

the thing was, i also had to download toolame.exe from here:

http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Audio/toolame-02k.zip

unzip that into a folder, then go to your TMPGEnc options, click "environmental settings" - click the audio engine tab, & where it says "MPEG-1 Audio Layer II encoder" - click "external program" then click browse & point it to the toolame.exe file you unzipped -- THEN click on the VFAPI plug-in tab in your environmental settings & move directshow multimedia file reader to top priority by right clicking on it, then select "higher priority" until it's at the top of the list - & put cyberlink MPEG-2 Decoder as the next one down, then hit "ok" -- that's the only real thing i had to do besides what was on that first page, 'cause i wasn't getting sound in my converted files until i did that. hope that helps.
chimera
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an MPG2 clip that I want to stream back to my 5508 Replaytv as a test. I use RTVConvert.FE to convert the clip, and import it to DVArchive. The 5508 can see the show on my PC. I can play the video, but don't get any audio. From DVArchive on a 2nd PC, I can stream the clip to that PC with video/audio just fine. I guess, the 5508 is picky with the converted mpg.
I don't have TMPGenc, but I do have Ulead Video Studio 8, Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004, and Pinnacle Studio 9. What do you suggest I should set to get the sound to play thtough replaytv?
Many thanks in advance.
superchuckels
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the audio has to be between 160k & 320k for data rate.... but i'd suggest downloading TMPGEnc from http://www.tmpgenc.net - it works reliably (at least for me) for converting videos into mpeg2 compatible files for the rtvconvert to work successfully with. as for the rest... well, it's up to you - standard quality would be setting your video window to 352x480, whereas (at least video recorded by the replaytv) high quality is 720x480 --- i have streamed video to my replay tv that was of several different sizes that the replay itself doesn't record in, with no problems, so i suppose it's up to you & your networks ability to transport the data stream.
emmjay
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Question, does this just stream from your PC, or are the fiels saved to the Replay TV hard-drive?
na9d

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmjay wrote:
Quick Question, does this just stream from your PC, or are the fiels saved to the Replay TV hard-drive?

Unless you record a show on the Replay there is no way to get the show to that Replay's hard drive unless you set up WiRNS or IVSM magic and do an IVS send to that Replay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Replay 5K Tools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: