Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing MPEG in DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skieslord
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Playing MPEG in DVD Reply with quote

Hello..

I've burned a couple of MPEG files in a DVD, but when I play'em on my dvd it says that the inserted disc is incorrect..

What could be the problem?

is there a special way to have the mpeg playing into the DVD?

I don't have much experience doing this and my english sucks, let me know if you have dificulty to understand.

if anyone can help me I'd apriciate ya' help..

Later,,,
Saludos desde Ensenada, Baja California, MX
na9d

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just putting an MPEG-2 file on a DVD Data disc and burning it does not make it a DVD. You have to use a DVD authoring program to put it in the actual DVD format that players use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MaxH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that depends on the player...I intentionally found a portable DVD player that will play Replay MPEGs, but I agree with Jon, the problem is that your player can't read MPEG-2. I don't think either of my rack DVD players can.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skieslord
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you recomend to do?

is the DVD authoring program something to convert the mpeg files to DVD format or something like that?

the manual of my player says "You can play back video (along with its audio) from different discs such as DVD-Video, DVD-R, and Video-CD."

I tried to burn a Video cd in Nero Burning Rom but in didn't work either, what software do you recomend me to use?

ok.. thanks for your help.. I apreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: