Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extracted MPEGs and Adobe Premiere 6.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nospam32
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Extracted MPEGs and Adobe Premiere 6.5 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have extracted some mpegs from my Replay 5000. The extractet files play just fine on my PC, but when I import them into Premiere and edit them, then render them into a new movie, the output is all jerky and stuttered. This only happens with Replay mpegs. I can extract mpegs from my digital camera and DVDs, and I am not having this problem. Anyone had this happened to them, and if so, how could I resolve this issue? I really need some clips from these mpegs and I would greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks a bunch!
JRobelen
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Extracted MPEGs and Adobe Premiere 6.5 Reply with quote

This may not be what you're looking for, but your best solution may be to use something other than Premiere. I went through a load of big bloated commercial software with much of the same frustration you had.

After struggling with Pinnacle Studio and ULead, I now use TMPGEnc Plus and it does everything I want, perfectly, without thrashing the hard drive, and makes all edits neatly and precisely. And it has a DVD authoring companion program that creates the files I need to publish to DVD.

www.pegasys-inc.com

Cheers,

-Jeff
havan_ironoak
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: TMPGEnc is great. I think... Reply with quote

I've tried a number of programs to get my DVARchive movies onto those round shiny silver things to no avail.

I finally tried the free/trialware version of this software and it seems to work great.

Now that I've haad a few sucesses I'll let my hubris run wild and pay for the product and upgrade to the full thing. It'll probably never work again.
ryesman
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Extracted MPEGs and Adobe Premiere 6.5 Reply with quote

JRobelen wrote:
After struggling with Pinnacle Studio and ULead, I now use TMPGEnc Plus and it does everything I want, perfectly, without thrashing the hard drive, and makes all edits neatly and precisely. And it has a DVD authoring companion program that creates the files I need to publish to DVD.

www.pegasys-inc.com

Exactly which programs do you use? I went to http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/shopping/index.html and they have about 7 different programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: