Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to reduce the size of MPG files...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BINARY
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: How to reduce the size of MPG files...? Reply with quote

Hi there
I'm looking for a way to take my ReplayTV MPGs and reduce their size by re-encoding so that when I store them on my computer, they take up less space.

I'm not concerned with being able to play them with Replay again, as I'm using an ATI All-In_Wonder card to play from my PC to my TV.

I've downloaded MPG video files that look pretty good in quality, but every time I try and take my ReplayTV files and re-encode them to reduce the size, they either look terrible or they're not any smaller.

What do you guys use for software when trying to reduce the size of your MPGs?

Thanks in advance.
crazydrve
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: shrink mpegs Reply with quote

hey dude try this site

videohelp.com

then look into divx or xvid.

u must be a newbie

good luck
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: