Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RTV_Convert Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
happydude
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: RTV_Convert Error Reply with quote

I was trying to convert a SVCD mpeg to stream to the replay.

The error i'm getting is Video overrun, unknown or bad audio mux: len=3146992.

Do i have to make any format changes to the mpeg to make it work?
happydude
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any information?
j.m.
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten this error before as well. I believe I fixed it by first running the file through Womble. As a free alternative, I think I was able to get PVAStrumento to work as well. I believe I posted my experiences in the ReplayTV forum at AVS, so you might try searching there. It was in a long thread with "RTVTOOLS" in the title IIRC.
jcarr
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might this have something to do with the data rate, and/or aspect ratio of the MPEG files?

What frame size, data rate should I use? It complains if the audio is anything by 48kHz, so I guess that's not the issue.
blackssei
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also curious, I want to know as well...I cannot seem to convert
superchuckels
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9145

in there are the links to what you need to convert - know that it's a time consuming process though, & unless you're a stickler for some kind of loss of video quality in the transfer process or something, it's going to be by far faster to burn your video to a rewriteable dvd & then play it on a dvd player that's hooked up to the replay & record from there - though by that point, why record it on the replay..... i know it's a kind of paradox - but it's life when the manufacturer purposely alteres the mpeg2 into a propriatary mpeg2 with the sole purpose of making it more difficult for anyone to stream to/from their hardware by anyone other than them.
bobmc11
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Import using ffmpeg Reply with quote

I'm not an expert at ffmpeg (just started playing with it last night), but I was able to convert and import a show using ffmpeg and rtvconvert. Initially, I got the message complaining about "Video overrun, unknown or bad audio mux" but then analyzed the video file and determined it wanted a mp2 audio format, not ac3. I modified my conversion script as

ffmpeg -t 00:05:00 -y -i input.avi -maxrate 0 -minrate 0 -target dvd -acodec mp2 -r 29.97 -aspect 4:3 -ab 192 -ar 48000 output.mpg

RTVconvert still complains about not MPEG-2 compliant but it imports just fine. I then went to my replay unit and was able to view (with audio) although I only tested a 5min block. A little more work to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Replay 5K Tools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: