Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REPLAY or Motorola DCT 6412 Dual Tuner HDTV? Lombotimized!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShalomOrchardWinery
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: REPLAY or Motorola DCT 6412 Dual Tuner HDTV? Lombotimized! Reply with quote

A couple of general Replay questions: What's the Software Operating system? Is it Linux like the Tivo, or what? I'm aching to hack it. I just
bought a new firewire DVD-RW drive I'd love to hook up to it. Do you
know if this is possible?

The Replay is analog only, right? What's the highest channel it can access? I also have a Motorola DCT6412 HDTV Dual Tuner DVR. Nice
box, but half the interfaces are disabled, especially the Ethernet, which
makes it worthless as far as I'm concerned. Any opinions?

Thanks, Jim.
superchuckels
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can always download recorded shows from the replay & record them to dvd - & yes, the replays tuner is analog only. i can't remember what OS it uses, but i know it's more or less propriatary for the replay, so unless you've got inside programming knowledge for replays, it's not likely to be hacked anytime soon.
butlermd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for now....the replaytv is deal for recording non-HD content to share among multiple units (or with friends...depending on model) and for subsequently downloading to pc and burning to dvd. The Moto 6412 (except for the relatively small hard drive) is ideal for temporary HD time shifting. No way to off-load video with the 6412 except by firewire to firewire recording device (DVHS...alternative digital HD PVR...PC capture).

You can still record HD channels via the svid or rca outs on the 6412 but it will be in 480i/p.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Other PVRs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: