Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create new video - start and stop times are off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksteele
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Create new video - start and stop times are off Reply with quote

Windows XP Pro
Intel 1Ghz Pentium III
384 MB Ram

Revue 1.1 Alpha 5
.NET Framework 1.1
RTV Tools

I used DVArchive to download a show from my ReplayTV to my computer. I am using Revue to create a new 2 minute video from a 60 minute show. To accomplish this, I am playing the video in Revue. As the video gets close to the point where I want to start the new video, I press pause. I then use the frame advance (button under pause) to get to the exact point where I want the new video to start. I press insert or click "split a scene". This is the starting point. I then let the video play to just before the stopping point and press pause. I again use the frame advance to get to the exact point and press insert or "split a scene". This is the stopping point. I then edit the scene information and change everything except my chosen scene to a status of "commercials". I then create a new video and configure it to skip the commercials. This works great, however, the start and stop times of the new video are always off. The start time is late (the video starts a few words after my chosen start point - chopping off a few words) and the end time is also late (keeps playing video past my chosen stopping point).

Is there anything I can do to make the start and stop times exact?
ksb
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you play the original video in reVue, does it play only the part that you want? (I'm trying to foigure out which of two problems you might be having.)

reVue is using Windows Media Player times, rtvtools use the time encoded in the Replay MPG -- these two times don't always match. Some folks have reported improvements by changing DLL versions, but I don't like intentionally mismatching DLLs.
ksteele
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention it, yes, it happens when I play the original video in Revue also.
ksb
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search the AVS Forum for information on reVue and DLLs. Someone there posted information on how to swap out a WMP9 DLL for the previous version and reported that that fixed some timing issues.

NOTE: I have not tried this and can't confirm that it works or that it won't have side-effects. However, the process is reversible if you save the old DLL.
enjoylife78
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same exact problem. Were you able to fix it by playing with the .dll's? Does every revue user have this problem originally (if not, why not?)?
thanks
enjoylife78
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i changed from mpg2splt.ax to mpg2splt6.3.1.881.ax as noted in the link below:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3170050#post3170050

it definitely helped. things still aren't perfect (off by a couple seconds maybe), which is somewhat disappointing, but definitely a huge improvement.
vidtech
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Pushing for Timing consolidation Reply with quote

Is there a push to cosolidate the timing issues to one standard? Say like seconds and frames. Since rtvtools can use that format with the -t1 flag would it be hard to implement the same timing in reVue? I would really love to use reVue to quickly edit out commercials and other misc. chunks of video. But due to the timing issues i still have to do some editing in another program to get frame accurate edits. Just wondering if there is something in the works regarging these issues. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to create this S/W for everyone to use. Love the concept and the UI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> reVue All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: