Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WiRNS with myReplayTV and Poopli

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocraven
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: WiRNS with myReplayTV and Poopli Reply with quote

I've been running WiRNS for about half a year now to get Canadian listings. Hooray! What a wonderful thing it is. Thanks kjac!

I noticed some time after installing WiRNS that myReplayTV still had guide listings that predated the switch. It never updated our recorded shows. Didn't care too much though - I've never been a heavy user of myReplayTV.

After a cable box outage (grrr) that caused me to miss recording several shows, I decided to finally try Poopli. Signed up and figured out the basic mechanics (thanks Heathreil!), but couldn't get the IVS tester (thanks, the Dreamer!) to confirm my connection. It says
"Asked ReplayTV server about unit at ISN 00055-09166-64576.
Query Failed - no unit found with this ISN in the database"

Suggestions?

Possibly useful details:
ReplayTV 4508(+160G)
netscan reports nothing bound to port 80 when WiRNS isn't running, and WiRNS there when it is running

The PC (running Windows XP) is connected to a cable modem through a router, if that matters.
Internet Identity & Address Book set up, with a randomly picked port (in the range stated) also specified as open on the router.
It talks to the replayTV through a wireless game adapter. Hmm, maybe that's the trouble? Perhaps the game adapter is a one-way communicator so can't send out the info that myReplayTV or Poopli/IVStester need?

_______
Yikes, just re-tried to see if any of my fiddling had an effect, and now I get a different error:
Asked ReplayTV server about unit at ISN 00055-09166-64576.
Query Failed - rtv_decrypt: sanity check failed

---KO
ocraven
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Poopli knows what's on my 4508, but myreplayTV doesn't Reply with quote

An interesting tidbit to add. Despite more fiddling, IVS tester still fails (almost always with "Query Failed - no unit found with this ISN in the database" error. And myReplayTV.com still lists the shows I had on the disk months ago (presumably the week I started using WiRNS and wireless game adapter + SMC router +AppleAirport.) BUT Poopli DOES see my current shows, and lists them in the database!

Who can solve the mystery???

KO[/b]
j.m.
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using an old version of WiRNS by any chance (i.e. pre 1.x)? If so, you need to upgrade.

BTW the "rtv_decrypt: sanity check failed" error results from a timing problem with the IVS Tester script itself and isn't indicative of anything wrong with your unit. When it happens, just try again, and you will get a more useful error message.

At the moment, I am getting able to locate your ISN in the RDDNS DB, which is an improvement. However, I still can't connect to your ReplayTV, which likely means your port forwarding is not set up correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: